Dogs & Parasites

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
This is for the owners of dogs in the DR. Do you de-parasite (deparasitar) your dogs often? If so, how often and which medication do you usually use?

Thank you

(I own a 1 1/2 year old female Boxer)

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
Well what I did for my dog was went to the farmacia and asked for parasite medicina para ninos! and thats what my vet said would work and he is right it does! If your dog is outside alot do it every 6 months! Also keep an eye on their gums, if they start to lighten or go yellow or white, take him to a vet IMMEDIATELY, because of the poison on teh streets, have lost 5 animals to poisoning! Some are worse than others ... if when they have bowel movements its mixed with blood dont ignore it as well as throwing up go to a vet asap ...on the north coast, i recommend Dr. BOB!

Gata!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
My dog is 1 1/2 and I have gave her shots at her vet 2 times by now.
One as a puppy and now recently as well.
My vet wants to check her condition up once a year, if not any specific emergiencies etc.
Also I check of course, as La Gata says, the gums and the general condition.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Ps

But for my cat I buy anti-parasite medication at the vet and give her every 6th month.
By the way, she will have babies any day now.. anyone want a nice little Swedish/Dominican kitten just let me know.. ;)

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
Carina ....

Also be careful having a cat and a dog, because the Dog can get disease as well as worms from the kitty poop :-/

If one animal has worms they all do :-(

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
La Gata said:
Also be careful having a cat and a dog, because the Dog can get disease as well as worms from the kitty poop :-/

If one animal has worms they all do :-(

I know that, it goes without saying.
Same as with kids, one gets sick, the other one gets it too..
Actually with most worn diseases it is that way, even the ones human beings can get.. one gets it, then all has it..

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Thanks girls for the info! I think I'll stop at the pharmacie on my way home and get myself some anti-parasite medication! :nervous: