I am now a flogging Blogger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Good job. Very interesting and great photos. For some reason I tought you were an older guy. Wierd the impressions you form about people over the net..looking forward to more posts.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
nice blog

Good job. A good start on the insight of who you are and where you are going. I enjoyed it and look forward to meeting you next time we are there. Hopefully late summer/fall to start building up the street from you.

Bob K

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
blog

Yeah Scott, that house is amazing. I was there while driving back from Nagua. I wrote and asked about it but probably posted in the wrong forum. The area is so beautiful. But, my question to you, or anyone, is how did those cliffs come about? Figured HillBilly would know but have heard nothing. And yes the pago frito along the highway is sabrosa.
Very nice properties in that area. I am jealous of your ability to not only find such places but that you're able to actualize them. Jealous in a good way, that is.
see you at Rocky's and maybe we'll have the answer to the cliffs.
John

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
duhtree said:
Yeah Scott, that house is amazing. I was there while driving back from Nagua. I wrote and asked about it but probably posted in the wrong forum. The area is so beautiful. But, my question to you, or anyone, is how did those cliffs come about? Figured HillBilly would know but have heard nothing. And yes the pago frito along the highway is sabrosa.
Very nice properties in that area. I am jealous of your ability to not only find such places but that you're able to actualize them. Jealous in a good way, that is.
see you at Rocky's and maybe we'll have the answer to the cliffs.
John
I think the cliffs are an upside down plate that formed sometime around the ice age. That is why you will find coral stone that high up in the hills. Don't take this explanation to the bank because I am not an expert but it may hold water.

Thanks for the comments! I love this country and LOVE seeing every nook and cranny. There are somethings here other than chasing skirts which a few people just don't get. There is also more about life than having a new wife every week but to each his own.

Thanks,
Escott

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Rattus_Rattus said:
Interesting reading, good work. I really enjoyed this, relaxing with my laptop and a cup of coffe.

10 out of 10 points to the man with the blog..
Thanks for your comments. Hope you are enjoying the pictures also. I think they explain a lot of things more than words can sometimes.

Escott

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Bob K said:
Good job. A good start on the insight of who you are and where you are going. I enjoyed it and look forward to meeting you next time we are there. Hopefully late summer/fall to start building up the street from you.

Bob K
Bob, thanks for the kind words. Sometimes people read too much into message boards. For me it is always way more interesting to meet the people in person instead of judging by what they say on a board.

Good luck with the house and if there is any info I can help you with just let me know. I have been around the block for a few years here and have a bit of knowledge into certain areas of life here.

Escott

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
linamia said:
Very nice Jazzybaby. I often wondered what you did all day LOL ;)

Lina
Darling, well now you know! Some people think I must be bored out of my mind but my days are so busy I need to take naps in the late afternoon to be able to go out in the evenings sometimes.

Please keep reading, I seem to be adding to it every day.

Escott

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
twhitehead said:
Good job. Very interesting and great photos. For some reason I tought you were an older guy. Wierd the impressions you form about people over the net..looking forward to more posts.
AZB wants everyone to appear as old and fat and bald as he is. I am actually young, slim and have a full head of hair and besides I am beautiful! LOL

I look forward to meeting you in person. When you do meet the message board people in person it is completely different than the personas on a message board. Azb is a very charming fellow regardless of how he posts here:)

Thanks for the thoughts,
Scott

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Bravo Escott, I really enjoyed your blog. The idea of taking a picture and talking about it worked out wonderful...like miniture stories of life and people here in the DR. This gives me a whole different perspective of you. Tell me something....the house in Jaraboacoa...I think you said that they have since sold it...but what were they asking for it? That is a beautiful home. Thanks again.

Escott said:
Ok, I did it. Started my own blog.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying writing it.

Not listed yet but here is the link.

http://dr1.com/blogs/?u=Escott

Leave me comments and let me know if you like it and shut up if you don't! LOL

Too bad you can't read from the beginning to the end instead of in the reverse.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Your daughter's become a beautiful girl. Doesn't look anything like her old man. Do you keep her locked up when she visits the DR? ;)

I know that little girl that's taking English lessons. She has grown since I last say her. I'm happy she's doing well.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Snuffy said:
Bravo Escott, I really enjoyed your blog. The idea of taking a picture and talking about it worked out wonderful...like miniture stories of life and people here in the DR. This gives me a whole different perspective of you. Tell me something....the house in Jaraboacoa...I think you said that they have since sold it...but what were they asking for it? That is a beautiful home. Thanks again.
Thanks for the kind words. Homes in that area were selling from 90 to 200k.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Your daughter's become a beautiful girl. Doesn't look anything like her old man. Do you keep her locked up when she visits the DR? ;)

I know that little girl that's taking English lessons. She has grown since I last say her. I'm happy she's doing well.
I have to tell you I always wondered if she was really mine. I was tempted to do a DNA test to make sure but what if she really wasn't? What would I do then! LOL

Man you have to see her now. That pick is already dated. This kid is really turning into a "dish"... I don't know what to do.

Escott

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Escott said:
I never wrote anything like this for publication.

Well, maybe you should think about it. You show potential, and I'm betting you have alot of interesting perspectives, insights to impart to an audience beyond DR1. And no, I'm not BSing.

Regards,
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.