Need to find an Interpreter in Santiago

smh

Apr 23, 2005
Hi-- I 'm an American journalist looking for an interpreter in Santiago for May 2-4. I'll be following a team of doctors who are making home visits and need someone who can interpret during those visits. If anyone has any leads, I'd be most grateful. Thanks.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I don?t know anyone in Santiago, but there is a great guy here in Puerto Plata who could most probably come to Santiago. He is fluent in Spanish, English, French..
Pm me if you need his email.

smh

Apr 23, 2005
thanks

thanks to both of you, and also to hillbilly. i'm pursuing all leads at the moment and hoping something will work out.

smh

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Remember that May 2nd is a national holiday. Check to see if the docs are working that day.

concepts

Apr 26, 2005
I may be available ...

SMH,

I sent you an e-mail but our e-mail account has been on the fritz (I did not think anything could be worse than Codetel ... untils they became Verizon!) and I don't know if you received it.

I have lived here in Santiago for almost eleven years and am a certified English teacher in an institute here. I am fluent in Spanish but I was born and raised in Colorado in the States. (Do Coloradoans have an accent?)

I have done a lot of interpreting here over the years and your assignment sounds like fun. So if you want you can e-mail me at megoniandr@hotmail.com or call me at home at 809-247-0687 and we can discuss it.

Megan Toburen

PS Will you need transport? I have friends who are reliable drivers with their own vehicles and can negotiate a fair price for you if you wish.