cough,.... sputter,....hic, hic, hic,......finally ONLINE!

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
The poster formerly known as St Louis Mike has a WORKING computer in his ramshackle "studio apartment" in east tennessee. Who came up with that term: studio? Most peoples' garages are bigger than this place. I mean dominican garages.

For two months, I lived in a motel and had to go to Kinko's and pay 20 cents a minute to be online so I only posted twice since I've been here. Because I'm a big cheapskate. This is not breaking news to anyone who knows me. Then I moved into this dump and then it took me another month to get my computer back from a friend who "borrowed" it whilst I was motel-bound.

Because the hard drive was so dinky, he had to remove my Linux operating system to install Windows (the poor man is technologically challenged--Windows is so last century) and then when I tried to reinstall Linux, the hard drive refused to cooperate. Got me a spankin new 80 gig drive, loaded up, and then, well, the COMCAST wizard couldn't recognize my browser, so I had to wait for somebody who had actually heard of Mozilla to arrive at the "customer service" hovel and now, sixteen hours later, I am officially a menace to the DR1 community again. You have been warned.

Let's see, actual DR content???? I thought I was not going to be able to keep "my kids" in Santiago (see other posts on this topic) through my long spell on unemployment last year, but, almost miraculously, the money has been there. I hope to be back early next year to check up on them all.

I drive home to St Louis every other week. Seven hours and twenty minutes of some of the best-maintained interstate highways in the USA. Do I listen to merengue as I cruise along in the dark? Or one of my hundreds of Latin ska CDs? Or maybe a book-on-tape? No way, Tony. I'm teaching myself italian. The same way I started teaching myself spanish. Tapes, tapes, tapes. Listen to this:

Voglio fare l'amore con te. Posso restare la notte?

Oh yeah, I'm all over it. Well, I've made DR1 my first official website visited from my actual domicile on my actual 'puter (as Jan likes to say). Now I must make my way to the chat room at insatiablebikerbabes.com, I'm sure they're wondering where I've been.
Ciao!
chick'r

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
WHOA! Welcome back good buddy

No you can't. Sure you can stay the night!!

Glad to see you are settling in down in TN.....

And the Blues are still in 4th!.....Haven't seen much of the Premiership lately but I look it up on the net.

I loved that line: {""Windows is so last century"} LMAO!

And me fighting a trojan in my DOS!! Windows Me...:(:(:(

Really good to see you back here. Things in the DR are going about as usual, and until they really lay somebodys arse open with a cat-o-nine-tails whip for corruption, I do not really think it will change. Dear Lord above, I'd love to see that on live TV>>>"Ladies and Gentlemen. Convicted of stealing RD$500 million in the construction and furnishing of the Supreme Court building, Mr. So-and So. He will receive 30 lashes." D@mn, that would be the highest rated show in the history of television, 100% audience. All cable shut down that hour....WTF, I can dream, can't I????????

HB :p:p:p

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
We can dream......

Hillbilly said:
And the Blues are still in 4th!.....Haven't seen much of the Premiership lately but I look it up on the net.
HB :p:p:p

Well, the real Blues rescued a point off the further-inland Blues yesterday and Champs League riches could be ours.....
Meanwhile, in London, the other Blues march on--the best team russian gangsta money can buy. Good luck to them, I say!
Well, no more slagging from me, as the boss is a well-known supporter of said Blues and may cut me off. Also, this post is glaringly bereft of any DR content.
Was pleasantly surprised by the new spanish101 forum. I'll be scrutinizing that one for any errors.
Yeah, right.

Arrivederci!
chicker
*still smarting from HB's rebuff*