Apartments to rent in Puerto Plata

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
I know there are previous threads on prices of apartments in PP however I was hoping someone can give me some contact numbers I can call. I can't seem to find any internet sites with apartments to rent apart from Larrys and the Puerto Plata Apartments.

I am looking to rent a 2 bedroomed apartment that can sleep up to 4 people for three months (most likely beginning at the end of June).

It must be in a safe part of town, furnished, with electricity, washing machine, hot water etc and possibly air con.

Am I being realistic in expecting to pay around 12,000 pesos per month for such an apartment?

We are also looking to buy a cheapish car.....can anyone recommend any car dealers who are reliable?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Daydream

Nov 5, 2004
daydream said:
We are also looking to buy a cheapish car.....can anyone recommend any car dealers who are reliable?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Daydream

Not having seriously looked into buying a car I am not sure on prices. But the guy Avis, where they rent cars, told me they often sell the used ones for very good prices.

I will look around he gave me his card and his number..if I can find it I will PM you with it if you are intrested.

It's just an idea... :)

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Thank you

That would be great......thanks for your help...both of you......

I will send Gringo a PM

Cheers
Daydraem.

PeachezNcream84 said:
Not having seriously looked into buying a car I am not sure on prices. But the guy Avis, where they rent cars, told me they often sell the used ones for very good prices.

I will look around he gave me his card and his number..if I can find it I will PM you with it if you are intrested.

It's just an idea... :)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
If you want to live in the city of POP, and for 3 months, you need to find something in 2nd hand or contact the aparthotels.
Larrys apartments would be a good try to contact, others would be the aparthotels available in the city.
Residencial apts are never furnished and min. is one year usually.
Try Larry ( larrycooper@email.com ), His place is nice. ;)

Feb 9, 2005
looking in the Playa Dorada to rent and that secend hand car jeep van truck what ever ...

thanks
karam

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I remember this discussion in some other thread.. you cannot rent other than hotel rooms in Playa Dorada.
The touristcomplex of Playa Dorada consists of 14 hotels, a great golf course, a Plaza with shops, restaurants, cinema, banks etc and also a few nice clubs.
Playa Dorada is not a residencial area, and located outside, appr. 10 min by car from Puerto Plata and 30 min from Sosua.

Dec 9, 2002
karma said:
looking in the Playa Dorada to rent
If you are going to post questions please listen and take on board what people are saying to you. THERE ARE NO APARTMENTS TO RENT IN PLAYA DORADA. There, I shouted, did you hear??

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Playa Dorada is not a residencial area. There are HOTELS there.
No houses, no apartments, no one living there permanently.
Playa Dorada is where tourists live at hotels.

Feb 9, 2005
ok i now know that Playa Dorada is not a residencial area but what is near and what would you pay pls need to rent in 2 weeks time .....

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
carina said:
If you want to live in the city of POP, and for 3 months, you need to find something in 2nd hand or contact the aparthotels.
Larrys apartments would be a good try to contact, others would be the aparthotels available in the city.
Residencial apts are never furnished and min. is one year usually.
Try Larry ( larrycooper@email.com ), His place is nice. ;)

Hi Carina

I have contacted Larry - thanks for your help.

Daydream

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Hi Carina

I have contacted Larry - thanks for your help.

Daydream

No problem, hope he helps you.
Otherwise, if he is fully booked, let us know and I am sure anyone of us here can assist you.
;)