Teleferico

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Where can I get the schedule for the teleferico in PP? I know they close 1 day a week. Does anybody know what day that is?

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I believe it is.............

stewart said:
Where can I get the schedule for the teleferico in PP? I know they close 1 day a week. Does anybody know what day that is?

Wednesday that they are closed....I never remember either, so I call them on the day I want to go to see if they are open. The phone number is 970-0501.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Regarding the weather,

carina said:
Good advice! As it is also weather related, always give a call first! ;)

there are also days when they may be open, but if the top of the mountain is in clouds, you are better off waiting for another day, as you will have a view of nothing but gray dankness from the top.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
sweetdbt said:
there are also days when they may be open, but if the top of the mountain is in clouds, you are better off waiting for another day, as you will have a view of nothing but gray dankness from the top.

True, they are little better of not being open on cloudy days, but still... if you arrive to Puerto Plata and you cannot see the mountain, it is often covered with clouds, then no idea to go up there.. open or not!

I see the mountain from my patio and always look up the top to see how the weather will turn out for the day... or the moment more truly.. Once the clouds start gathering around the mountain you know the rain is close!
On the other side, early mornings with a blue sky and and sun just awakening.. the mountain and the top with the Christ statue is a powerful sight!