Haverstraw, New York

hugh

Apr 24, 2005
I hear there is a significantly large Dominican population in this suburban town. Has anyone heard of it?

If you have, and have a restaurant recommendation- do share.

Hugh

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
The Limo Driver I use to go to the airport from Rockland Country is Dominican and lives in Haverstraw. He brother and wife use to own a Jazz club in Cabarete that has since closed down and I miss the club very much.

Don't know any restaurants in Haverstraw.

Escott

hugh

Apr 24, 2005
Thank you for the link. I shall make a day trip to Rockland County soon. Where there is Dominican food, I'll be there!

Hugh

kicker98

Sep 15, 2004
dominicans and restaurants

hugh said:
I hear there is a significantly large Dominican population in this suburban town. Has anyone heard of it?

If you have, and have a restaurant recommendation- do share.

Hugh

Hi, Haverstraw does have a large dominican population. Many of the resident come from the Cibao area. The majority of the dominicans that live here are very hard working people. In terms of restaurant, we have many small ones specializing in dominican food. The Village of Haverstraw is going thru a revitalization process so many of the dominicans residents have gone into business for themselves as restaurant owner. You can find some of these restaurants on Main St. and Broadway. If you are looking for dominican food you will find it here. Some of the better known ones are Anabella, La dona, El Caribe and a Latino.

lots of luck,

kicker98