music questoin?

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
My friend who is dominican keeps telling my friend and I about an artist by the name of Frank Pantalone ( I most likely have the name wrong :D ) They tell me he's poplular in the DR?
My friend insists we get the album he sings merengue and bachata? I don't recognize the artists name but maybe I've heard some of his songs.

Is that the right name? and is he good?
I'm curious because our friend listens to it all the time and insists we get the album.

Thanks in advanced!

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
HUmmmmmm

Are you sure it's not Frank Reyes?? and the song is about taking your clothes off? (ie: the pantalone reference in your post.)

Frank Reyes is very popular and very good. Check him out. He's pretty hot too. LOL :cheeky:

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
check out ..cuando se quiere se puede..a cd by frank reyes..song:quitate la ropa..i'm sure this is what your friend is talking about.

bertgilbert

Feb 1, 2005
spaces.msn.com
password

i had to change my password, try to log in to many time with the wrong password, I know this is off topic but was just wandering, is this ever hapened to anybody else, I am pretty sure up to today, I still know what my daugther name is?

Just in case, Robert, this is still the best site I ever came across

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Music said:
My friend who is dominican keeps telling my friend and I about an artist by the name of Frank Pantalone ( I most likely have the name wrong :D ) They tell me he's poplular in the DR?
My friend insists we get the album he sings merengue and bachata? I don't recognize the artists name but maybe I've heard some of his songs.

Is that the right name? and is he good?
I'm curious because our friend listens to it all the time and insists we get the album.

Thanks in advanced!

My friends who came back from Punta Cana last month mentioned something about a concert or cd of a dominican artist with an italian sounding name like that. I believe they were talking of songs like the 'no speaky spanish'. I will ask them who it was they saw.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone I know it's not Frank Reyes I have his albums and I love his stuff!

Bartolemeo67 could be who your talking about who knows? I did notice his name didn't sound Dominican at all. Were just curious since our friend keeps bugging us to buy it.

Thanks for your help everyone, maybe someone will know.

Hey LesleyD are you around? Your good with info on music?

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Music,

Sorry not this time. I saw the thread yesterday and right away I thought "you are on your own" girl. How about asking your friends again? I find that odd that they are recommending an artist to you but they don't have the name right.

LDG.

Music said:
Hi everyone I know it's not Frank Reyes I have his albums and I love his stuff!

Bartolemeo67 could be who your talking about who knows? I did notice his name didn't sound Dominican at all. Were just curious since our friend keeps bugging us to buy it.

Thanks for your help everyone, maybe someone will know.

Hey LesleyD are you around? Your good with info on music?

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
No need to be sorry thanks though. No big deal I was just curious.
I'll check again with our friend, I'll have my friend ask them again and maybe get the name of a popular song that he sings? I think she might of gotten the name wrong so we'll see.

Thanks again!

Lesley D said:
Music,

Sorry not this time. I saw the thread yesterday and right away I thought "you are on your own" girl. How about asking your friends again? I find that odd that they are recommending an artist to you but they don't have the name right.

LDG.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Okay I have the correct name now

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am laughing because my friend was totally off except for the first name beginning with an F.

She was the one who spoke to our friend in the DR, she tends to not gets things straight so sorry. She wantd me to ask on DR1.
But the name of the artist is Fernando Villanona, now that I have the name right I was able to find some songs on line and listen to them.

Thanks everyone for trying to help me out but it was hopeless since I had the wrong name too funny!

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Music,

Indeed. Very strange. I would not have made the connection. BTW it's "Villalona". Overall a good artist but he lost the spotlight over the last few years in my opinion.

LDG.

Music said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am laughing because my friend was totally off except for the first name beginning with an F.

She was the one who spoke to our friend in the DR, she tends to not gets things straight so sorry. She wantd me to ask on DR1.
But the name of the artist is Fernando Villanona, now that I have the name right I was able to find some songs on line and listen to them.

Thanks everyone for trying to help me out but it was hopeless since I had the wrong name too funny!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I know no connection, I told my friend thanks now I look like the duh girl on DR1 :laugh: :)

I heard a few songs quickly they were okay.

Thanks!

Lesley D said:
Music,

Indeed. Very strange. I would not have made the connection. BTW it's "Villalona". Overall a good artist but he lost the spotlight over the last few years in my opinion.

LDG.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Music,

Let me know if you would like some suggested albums by Fernandito V. I don't anything about these new songs that your friends are suggesting but I can certainly reference some of his older music from the 90's which I still thoroughly enjoy listening to.

LDG.

Music said:
I know no connection, I told my friend thanks now I look like the duh girl on DR1 :laugh: :)

I heard a few songs quickly they were okay.

Thanks!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Some suggestiong would be good, thanks!

Lesley D said:
Music,

Let me know if you would like some suggested albums by Fernandito V. I don't anything about these new songs that your friends are suggesting but I can certainly reference some of his older music from the 90's which I still thoroughly enjoy listening to.

LDG.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Here you go....

Music,

My favorite albums and recommendations:

1) El ni?o mimado (1993)
2) Confundido (1995)
3) Soy un hombre feliz (my absolute favorite by FV) (1996).
4) Mal acostumbrado (2002)
5) El Mayimbe en bachata (also very good) (2000)

Some individual songs that are classics: Feliz cumb? & Carnaval (Baile la calle de noche....)

LDG.

Music said:
Some suggestiong would be good, thanks!

Last edited:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Thanks LesleyD, I'll check them out!

Lesley D said:
Music,

My favorite albums and recommendations:

1) Ni?o mimado (1993)
2) Confundido (1995)
3) Soy un hombre feliz (my absolute favorite by FV) (1996).
4) Mal acostumbrado (2002)
5) El Mayimbe en bachata (also very good) (2000)

Some individual songs that are classics: Feliz cumb? & Carnaval (Baile la calle de noche....)

LDG.

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
Yeah!

paddy said:
check out ..cuando se quiere se puede..a cd by frank reyes..song:quitate la ropa..i'm sure this is what your friend is talking about.

That's the song title I was trying to spit out! Good Job...Thanks! :laugh: