German arrested in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Just passing on the news...that's all.....

http://69.59.165.79/(pnb3gbu0i0fxgy45birnoyjt)/app/article.aspx?id=29794

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"F-I-R-E!!"..."F-I-R-E!!"..."F-I-R-E!!"...It's Not ME,just passing it along!

"Paaaaaaaaleeeezzzzzzzz!" who the PHUCK CARES????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Looks like now you're forgetting to even SAY "THREAD CLOSED!!!" :p :p :p

And I the phuck care - I like the bringing of the news to one place and some of the details reported are quite interesting.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
juanita said:

I didn't read the article but what is the big deal if someone is arrested? It happens everyday. What the heck would the Police be doing if not arresting someone?

Didn't they arrest anyone in Santo Domingo this week? Wonder why people think it is such a big deal when someone gets arrested. A month ago some kid shot up a Mall in Ulster County where my wife and daughter live. I got email from my wife saying they were ok and no one got killed so is it that unusual for someone to get arrested?

Escott

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yet another case of...

juanita said:

someone's need to put a black cloud over the DR. What is wrong with people that think the arrest of one person is newsworthy, entertaining. or worth the bandwidth?
German arrested in Sousa---Duh.

JOHN

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Arrested

Take it easy Escott............I totally agree with you, but remember...It is the class of the people, newsbound, people strive on this stuff, Nobody likes the Germans, except the other Germans.....Don't get me wrong, my fathers mother is German. People like to hear of others misfortunes. Any news is BIG news in SOSUA. RelaxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX GGN420

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Local crime news

Jane J. said:
Looks like now you're forgetting to even SAY "THREAD CLOSED!!!" :p :p :p

And I the phuck care - I like the bringing of the news to one place and some of the details reported are quite interesting.

Here in NY there is a column in THE NEW YORK POST newpaper that breaks down the arrests daily that took place in the five boros. ie: stabbing in Bushwick, rape in Manhattan, you get the picture.
Perhaps what you're suggesting is this board have such a category.AZB reporting from Santiago, Scott from Sousa, etc. (I'll do JFK waiting area for all flights to Santo Domingo)
Should be quite interesting. Perhaps a short note to Robert might get you this forum. Good luck.

JOHNE

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
After watching DR1 for the last week...

I was thinking of putting together our own Real World show where that different members of DR1 have to live together on the beaches of....oh let's make it interesting, Sosua...I bet it would be a hit and keep the world laughing.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
ggn420 said:
Take it easy Escott............I totally agree with you, but remember...It is the class of the people, newsbound, people strive on this stuff, Nobody likes the Germans, except the other Germans.....Don't get me wrong, my fathers mother is German. People like to hear of others misfortunes. Any news is BIG news in SOSUA. RelaxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX GGN420
Hahaha, what makes you think I am not relaxed? I was just curious why it seems like such a big deal to some folks that someone gets arrested.

Why do you think that any news if big news in Sosua? Living here is like living in a fishbowl. You fart on one side of town they have already reported what you ate and caused it on the other side of town. If I had a quarter for every rumor I have heard about MYSELF here I wouldn't have to work and I could support all of Charamico. Best one is that I pay 1000 US dollars a night to be with the Russian hookers. Hell l am way too cheap to spend my money there:)

Believe it or not there are more than a few Germans I like in Sosua/Cabarete. I of course don't hang out with any of the ones you read about here on the POLICE BEAT but there are many decent folks here along with the trash.

When people that live in Puerto Plata report the news and people that live in Santo Domingo report the news exclusively in Sosua and not from where they come I find that amusing. It is not as if there are NO ARRESTS in either city and probably way more than in Sosua but they do NOT report those for some reason I just don't get. Maybe because ah nevermind...

Escott

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Local news is a great idea and I think the future of news.
Unfortunately right now it has a few drawbacks, we (DR1) would have to verify all the facts before the news was posted on the site, that's a lot of work.

Why?

People like to sue, yes we get sued.
Right now we repackage news from various sources, this means they have to sue the original news provider first.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There seems to be a new emphasis in the country on putting an end to childhood prostitution and I'm all for that.

With respect to Scott's claim that he doesn't spend US$1,000/ night to be with the Russian hookers, that is correct. They have pride and ask $1500-2000/night from some would-be clients.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Robert said:
...People like to sue, yes we get sued.
Right now we repackage news from various sources, this means they have to sue the original news provider first.
Not true, DR1 could be named in the same suit.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
rellosk said:
Not true, DR1 could be named in the same suit.
Yes we can, but they have to deal with the source first before they get to us.

We have the t-shirt, a few of them...

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Ken said:
With respect to Scott's claim that he doesn't spend US$1,000/ night to be with the Russian hookers, that is correct. They have pride and ask $1500-2000/night from some would-be clients.
Ken, you don't seem to make jokes very often, but when you do, Man They Rock! :p

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
The reason for me posting some local news as nothing to do with ?Nobody likes the Germans?, or ?people strive on this stuff?, or ?because it?s in Sosua? or "Russian hookers". I do care to know what is going on in this country because I made it my home, same as if I would be back in Canada I would like to know what is going on; let it be good or bad news. Some days I?m too busy to even glance at the news so I?m always thankful when friends send me some clippings of the latest news, so I stay in touch with what is going on. Now, each of us can make what we want of the news and form our own beliefs from the stories and learn from it. Myself I look at it in many ways; could either be a local set up (seen it done more than once); where it teaches us foreigners to be careful who our enemies are, it could be a misunderstanding; where one faces the difficult task of dealing with the Dominican laws, or it could be the true where one learns that even in paradise no one is above the law!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
We don?t often get news of arrest related to foreigners here in the big city because most leave around the beach areas but if we would; of course I would post it! I have nothing against Sosua dear; that is where I stayed when I first moved here and I loved that little town!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
juanita said:
The reason for me posting some local news as nothing to do with ?Nobody likes the Germans?, or ?people strive on this stuff?, or ?because it?s in Sosua? or "Russian hookers". I do care to know what is going on in this country because I made it my home, same as if I would be back in Canada I would like to know what is going on; let it be good or bad news. Some days I?m too busy to even glance at the news so I?m always thankful when friends send me some clippings of the latest news, so I stay in touch with what is going on. Now, each of us can make what we want of the news and form our own beliefs from the stories and learn from it. Myself I look at it in many ways; could either be a local set up (seen it done more than once); where it teaches us foreigners to be careful who our enemies are, it could be a misunderstanding; where one faces the difficult task of dealing with the Dominican laws, or it could be the true where one learns that even in paradise no one is above the law!
You'd better get back to Canada and vote those Liberals out.

Status
Not open for further replies.