Medical costs of giving brith In Dr.

On Vacation!
Feb 18, 2005
Hello everyone. My Novia and I are expecting our frist child at the end of may. And i was wondering what is cost i can expect the hospital to charge me. Also I would like to find a house large enough for 4 to 6 people in the puerto plata area close to the hospital That i could rent for 2 weeks at the begining of june. Frist baby so my Novia is a little worried that the house we are currently building is to far from the hospital and puerto plata. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Canadian Rick

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
If it is a public hospital then it is mostly free. If she's giving birht in a private clinic then it depends on what clinic and whether you have insurance or not and if she's having a natural birth or a c-section.

I have no idea about POP, but here in Santo Domingo it goes around 40 to 65 thousand pesos in a decent clinic for a natural birth with no complications. A c-section runs about 60 to 85 thousand if no complications arise. I am sure POP is cheaper.

And many congratulations on your new child.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I would go to the hospitals and find out well in advance if I was you.
Public hospitals would be free, and my advice is that she goes and see a doctor at the hospital you plan for her to give birth at.

As for accommodation, I think it will be very difficult to rent a house for 2 weeks only.
Where are you taking your novia? Bournigal, Limardo... or on Avenida 27 de Febrero?
Go in advance,whatever place you chose.
For a 2 weeks rent, I would suggest maybe any of the close by aparthotels in town ( Village, Villa Serena or simular ). Depends on your budget.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Giving birth for a Dominican

The public hospitals do not charge for the service and you just pay for medicines. Where has she been going for all the prenatal care? If it has been with a public hospital doctor then just go there when it's time. Rick I hope you have been feeding the girl a good supply of vitamins in the last few months.

sarita

May 5, 2005
it cost around 20-30 000 pesos depending on what birth u have. ive just given birth in cento medico bournagal in puerto plata. however, i have medical insurance so it just cost me a couple of hundred pesos. hope this helps.good luck.