Vote it.

Timex should either cool it with his editing tools and locks or have his tools taken

• Yes, I agree.

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • No, I do not agree.

Votes: 35 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Camdem Tom...said
This will likely be deleted...

before anybody reads it,but, I vote that Timex should either cool it with his editing tools and locks or have his tools taken away. Tim, You are waaaaaay to intrusive.

So I turned it into a Poll, I'm interested in the results.
1 Day only, polling is closed after 24 hours.

Thanks
Tim H.
:smoke:

Last edited:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
It does seem like you've closed an awful lot of threads this week, but except for one or two I'm not sure I would have done any differently; so I voted no.

BTW, this poll feature is great. You get to gauge people's feeling without having to read the rhetoric. We should use it more often!

Nov 5, 2004
Can only the moderators use the poll feature in their posts??
I think that would be a good idea for everyone else to be able to use polls when they start a thread.
as rellosk said
You get to gauge people's feeling without having to read the rhetoric. We should use it more often!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
PeachezNcream84 said:
Can only the moderators use the poll feature in their posts??
I think that would be a good idea for everyone else to be able to use polls when they start a thread.
as rellosk said

Whatever you want to poll let me know.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Tim editing is a lot of work. Make it easy on yourself and just delete off topic posts.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Robert said:
It's not going to happen.
PeachezNcream84 said:
I wasn't suggesting that the posters have the ability to set up polls. However done through a moderator, I think it might be useful.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Tim, I admire the way you've handled this. It is very open minded of you. Personally, I think the post regarding ICarribean could have provided some valuable information for many DR1ers with additional discussion.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
I voted

I do not agree. Tim you have a good approach to your job here.

Keep up the good, and at times thankless, work,

JD

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002

Hola Camden Tom!
I agree, but with all the talk about crimes against kids, that was not going to come to the surface, of the posts.

I recived an e-mail from Diego,

Hi Tim
My Name is Diego and I am the one being accused of having a child prostituin ring here in sosua
My question is that once the name of my partner and myself has been clleared do you have a problem with me writing about it on dr 1 without accusing anybody just stating what happen.

To which I replied.

Hola Diego,

Of course I don't have a problem with you posting it the way you said.

My heart goes out to you and all of the victims, involved in this nightmare.

But I do think, it is necessary for people to be informed, especially the ones that fly over here and think they are Teflon coated experts.
So please, if I am editing or closing the armchair quarterbacks, down, do not take offense.

My prayers for a swift conclusion to this bloody mess, go to you, and all of yours.

Tim H.

There is alot that goes into being a Mod, that happens behind the scenes!

How about ...

You're an absoluetly horrible moderator.. You should take notes from Anna. You left the orignal thread up, perhaps if you'd taken it down also no one could respond again. But you and XXXXXX are probably boinking each other which is why you let her say whatever she wants and start a flurry of comments. Her comments were up all day. Had you used an ounce of common sense you would have known to censor it.

They're just making anybody moderators these days.

And before you waste your time responding.. don't... my delete finger is already twitching.

Some of the stuff is too funny!!!!!

At one point today, I had 5 Threads on the 1st page in the Living Forum, Locked.

Now I know that?s a regular day, for some of the other Moderators, but I think that?s a record for the Living Forum!!!

I just glad, that with all the noise, going back & forth over the last 2 days, that no one has e-mailed me the usual ...
...What a Wanker....You Packy-Basher, you*****Moron.

I have been totally left alone, almost never happens.

And then again, maybe I spoke to soon!!!!

Rellosk,
as Anna pointed out, any Moderator, has the ability to perform a poll, just e-mail them and tell them what you need, up to 10 items at a time, and lots of options!

Tim H.

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I did not vote, however, I think overall the moderators do a good job, including Tim.

One slight complaint Tim, could we do without the bright colors and the HUGE TEXT you enjoy using? They are not really necessary and I think they are too loud and distracting. They take away from the flow of the thread. I think the delete button, like someone else suggested, would suffice. Maybe accompanied by a pm if necessary.

Larry

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Moderating is not as easy as it may look to the rest of the board, and I think Tim has a more difficult beat than most of us moderators (as does Anna). I'm may not have done things the same way he did in each case, but we're all different in how we moderate and I think he's done a good job overall, especially considering the topics and at times rough crowd he's had to deal with. ;)

Nov 5, 2004
Start ur own msg board if u don't like...!

I think all the moderators here do a good job. It's not an easy job, and they devote a lot of time and work to this board. Thanks you guys!!! ;) If they think something isn't appropriate that is up to them.

If someone doesn't like it...they can start their own message board somewhere else...that way they can write whatever they want!!! :)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I can't vote on this question.

The question "Timex should either cool it with his editing tools and locks or have his tools taken" is not fair. I don't think Tim should have his (hahahah) 'tools' taken away.

Sometimes Tim is a little too rumbunctious even for me, but I understand he has a job to do. There is only one thing that I would ask respectfully, is to cool it a little with the big bold blue. It is kinda distracting. But if you don't wanna do that.. that's also fine by me.

Anyway Tim, I think you're doing a good job, but I cannot always agree with what you're doing (same as any other moderator). I also know that I don't see what you see. So, from me, please retain your tools and carry on moderating...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oye esto!

I absolutely think that you, by far, are the BEST moderator on this site. Just my opinion.

I gave not ?seen?you play favoritism with anyone and so far I have not seen you ?re-write other people?s posts.

Up to now, fair and square should be your nic, hehe.

Opps, Presidente is calling!!!!

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
The reason for the blue, is mostly to catch peoples attention, that yes, I was here, I was the reason, some text or post, got deleted.

I edit posts, instead of just deleting them, I also leave a sig, because too many times, people come back and asked, " What happened, Why???!!!"

I try to leave no doubt as to the who, or why.

The blue... you know, just scrolling down, it was me, its stands out, as a signature.

I try to treat everyone the same, but the one thing that sets me off, is personal attacks.

There is stuff, I delete or move, because I feel it does not belong in the Living Forum. Just because I hit the button, I do not expect everyone to agree with it.

The stuff I try to prevent, like hi-jacking, name-calling, spamming, is just some of what the mods deal with.

When I'm busy with the kids for the weekend, and I check in, after 3 days out, I know, without a doubt, Dolores or Rob, kept the place clean.

Rob, well he is quicker at deleting than all of the mods, with good reason, Dolores is alot more patient and takes more time to write her replies.

Tim H.

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
In contrast to the reason for this poll, I think you're one of the more level-headed moderators on the board. I think Robert picked all moderators very wisely and all moderators do a great job. As for the nasty PM you received, it was obviously someone with their panties in a knot. Why, when people have posts deleted, do they take it so seriously? It's not like they're Shakespeare writing a brilliant play or anything!

Nov 5, 2004
trina said:
In contrast to the reason for this poll, I think you're one of the more level-headed moderators on the board. I think Robert picked all moderators very wisely and all moderators do a great job. As for the nasty PM you received, it was obviously someone with their panties in a knot. Why, when people have posts deleted, do they take it so seriously? It's not like they're Shakespeare writing a brilliant play or anything!
Trina...very well said as usual!

I am not as familar with ALL the moderators in each thread...but I think, as is obvious, from the sucess of this DR1 message borad..that Robert knows what he is doing. And each moderator is good at the forum they are in. And I doubt any of us really know all the work that goes into what they do. Espeically Timex who likes to edit instead of just delete...for OUR benefit...!

Once again..Thanks to you all!..Most of us, do appreciate what you do.