Atlantica project moved to Montecristi

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I was told the Atlantica project was moved to the Montecristi area where they bought 5,000 acres. Apparently the Luperon site included many protected mangroves and there were other construction issues with soft soil where no sea walls could be built. You would think somebody looked at these issues before starting construction. Apparently there were also licensing issues with the :bandit: Port Authority :bandit: .

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I would also like sources. Happened to be in Montecristi yesterday. Did not even smell a rumor of such a land sale.

I have to add something.. Atlantica is supposed to be built as a yachting haven. I cannot see Montecristi being a haven. Luperon is known as one of the safest harbors in the Caribbean in terms of weather. Strange one this.

You're not just starting a rumour for fun conchman? The harbor authority stuff I can believe. ;)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2004
Yes would also like to see sources on this...

What is to be done with all the land they have already bought and built on in Luperon?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Conchman said:
I'm pretty sure about this one boys.

We know you are a 'sure' kinda guy, so I don't think anyone doubts what you're saying. It just is such a strange thing. But let me ask, in your original post, you said the Montecristi area. Would this area be bigger than I think it is?

It still bothers me that Luperon has a wonderful natural harbor, and the only harbor close to Montecristi, is Manzanillo. I cannot imagine either Montecristi or Manzanillo becoming a "yachting haven"? So, if they want to move the site from Luperon, they are going to have the change the focus of their project... ?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Apparently at the new 5,000 acre site, there are no natural harbors so either a breakwater would have to built or they would dig canals into the land like at CapCana.

At this stage it is still just a 'rumour' (as long as Atlantica or the government don't make official announcements), however, I did hear it from two different sources, one inside Atlantica and the other source came from a government official through a 3rd person. I posted this to see if other people knew about it because I already heard it from two different sources now but read nothing about it on DR1.

Well either I am going to get skinned for this or I will be the first to break the news. My sources are extremely reliable and I am very confident the information is correct.

I asked the same questions, what about the people that have purchased already? I guess they will give them condos in the new project.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Atlantica

The rumour is that they were talking to move the project closer to Monte Cristi but for several reasons it is not very likely to happen.
Sorry, cannot talk about the source, but the person I asked is quite involved in the project.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Conchman said:
Apparently at the new 5,000 acre site, there are no natural harbors so either a breakwater would have to built or they would dig canals into the land like at CapCana.

At this stage it is still just a 'rumour' (as long as Atlantica or the government don't make official announcements), however, I did hear it from two different sources, one inside Atlantica and the other source came from a government official through a 3rd person. I posted this to see if other people knew about it because I already heard it from two different sources now but read nothing about it on DR1.

Well either I am going to get skinned for this or I will be the first to break the news. My sources are extremely reliable and I am very confident the information is correct.

I asked the same questions, what about the people that have purchased already? I guess they will give them condos in the new project.

From an insider source... there are only negotiations about a beach property (Punta Mangle) in Monte Cristi. Nothing has been finalized. Was told one property does not replace the other. Problem with the project has been its overly environmental aggressivity by the developers that has been confronted by the Ministry of Environment and the seller of the property where the development is going up. The dispute has not yet been settled.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
If this is true!

There will be a lot of speculators lose thier shirts on this baby...