Help - need a limosine URGENT

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I have been trying to find a limosine for hire for a VIP, time is now running out, so I need the help of DR1ers, Robert, Dolores, Scott, Hillbilly, CC, AZB, or anyone that knows where I can rent one. Call me on 972 2340 Many thanks

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I used Apolo Taxi for my wedding 2 years ago. They have limo rentals as well. They were on time and very professional.

Apolo Taxi/Limousine Services
809-537-1245
3,000$RD per hour (6 passengers)
3,500$RD per hour (8 passengers)
4,000$RD per hour (10 passengers)

Mininum 2 hr rental!- Poster ginger ale

Posted from other thread...

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Escott said:
I used Apolo Taxi for my wedding 2 years ago. They have limo rentals as well. They were on time and very professional.

Apolo Taxi/Limousine Services
809-537-1245
3,000$RD per hour (6 passengers)
3,500$RD per hour (8 passengers)
4,000$RD per hour (10 passengers)

Mininum 2 hr rental!- Poster ginger ale

Posted from other thread...
Boy, you can rent a limo here cheaper than US$100 an hour and up. What are prices coming to?

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Boy, you can rent a limo here cheaper than US$100 an hour and up. What are prices coming to?

I have to agree with Rick... there is NO WAY I would be paying those prices in the DR!!! Although I cannot offer you a contact, I can assure you that you could find the services of a limo for about half that price (at least). If you are getting married at a resort then they are definitely upping the ante on this one... check some on-line services and if you have any friends that speak Spanish I might suggest you get them to call and make an inquiry!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
ricktoronto said:
He probably quoted these prices from 2 years ago when the peso was almost 60 to 1

Probably by now those prices were readjusted to the weakness of the US dollars.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Mr_DR said:
He probably quoted these prices from 2 years ago when the peso was almost 60 to 1

Probably by now those prices were readjusted to the weakness of the US dollars.

$50 an hour is still pretty dear for a local limo in the DR. Less than a year ago we rented a A/C Toyota van and driver for US$75 a DAY.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
This is not for a wedding. This rental is needed for VIPs that are starting to come into the DR. The first is arriving on Thursday. They are very influential powerful people that are only used to travelling in Limos. I shudder to think of how we are going to fit through some of the roads. But these are my instructions from them so it should be fun - NOT. Maybe I'll collect them in my battered jeep and show them the real life here. Rather a bit like our Queen not using a red carpet!!!
Im giving that company a go Anna, many thanks. I found another one but his prices were silly also.,
Does anyone else know any others?

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
Any other leads on an Inexpensive Limo Service?

Im looking for a limo service around $50US per hour. Any info on where I can find? Its for a B-day bash! Also, what do fols think is the most exclusive place in the Capitol to really celebrate a B-day! Thanks Mario

May 31, 2005
Fiesta Mama said:
I have to agree with Rick... there is NO WAY I would be paying those prices in the DR!!! Although I cannot offer you a contact, I can assure you that you could find the services of a limo for about half that price (at least). If you are getting married at a resort then they are definitely upping the ante on this one... check some on-line services and if you have any friends that speak Spanish I might suggest you get them to call and make an inquiry!
Why is it that you people would spend so much money in the US or any other country but you expect everything to be so cheap in the DR?

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
Ladybird said:
This is not for a wedding. This rental is needed for VIPs that are starting to come into the DR. The first is arriving on Thursday. They are very influential powerful people that are only used to travelling in Limos. I shudder to think of how we are going to fit through some of the roads. But these are my instructions from them so it should be fun - NOT. Maybe I'll collect them in my battered jeep and show them the real life here. Rather a bit like our Queen not using a red carpet!!!
Im giving that company a go Anna, many thanks. I found another one but his prices were silly also.,
Does anyone else know any others?

I've had a good bit of experience with transporting VIPs from various countries--who were quite influential and powerful--in Afghanistan and several other less-than-modern places. Needless to say, we did not use limousines, but the more practical option "the nicest SUV we could find".

Moral of the story-- VIPs are human, too. Practicality will always win over a** kissing attempts at grandiose displays of non-existent wealth. Explain to them the hazards of driving and the conditions of the roads (you probably won't even have to explain) and then get them to where they need to be, when they need to be there, safely. Mission accomplished.

Limos attract too much attention, anyway--and they're only fun on prom night.

Good luck, though whatever you do. Curious to hear how it turns out.

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
Luxury SUV

So Tim do you know of a person with a luxury SUV that would like to have a two day job of driving a VIP around? Its a 24 hr a day gig. Lots of late nights and partying. Let me know if you do.

TimInDR said:
I've had a good bit of experience with transporting VIPs from various countries--who were quite influential and powerful--in Afghanistan and several other less-than-modern places. Needless to say, we did not use limousines, but the more practical option "the nicest SUV we could find".

Moral of the story-- VIPs are human, too. Practicality will always win over a** kissing attempts at grandiose displays of non-existent wealth. Explain to them the hazards of driving and the conditions of the roads (you probably won't even have to explain) and then get them to where they need to be, when they need to be there, safely. Mission accomplished.

Limos attract too much attention, anyway--and they're only fun on prom night.

Good luck, though whatever you do. Curious to hear how it turns out.

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
Mario said:
So Tim do you know of a person with a luxury SUV that would like to have a two day job of driving a VIP around? Its a 24 hr a day gig. Lots of late nights and partying. Let me know if you do.

I wasn't soliciting a job here, but.....

Our company can handle it. I'll shoot you a PM.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Mario said:

Hehehe... I have a late model SUV :)

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
anybody had experiences with this limo service?
just curious to know how service is in dr and their hrly rates.

Doaris Limo Service
Av J F Kennedy 41
Santo Domingo