Used Car Websites

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Can anyone tell me of any websites for used car sales on the North Coast coast? (other than supercorros.com)

Thanks
Daydream

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I don?t think there exist one.
In POP there are a few car dealers for used cars, in the expensive pricerange, many located on Av. Manolo Tavarez.
Cheaper used cars are more often sold and bought face to face by people here.

Feb 9, 2005
looking to buy a second had car,jeep here in the north off island any help pls

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
daydream said:
Can anyone tell me of any websites for used car sales on the North Coast coast? (other than supercorros.com)

Thanks
Daydream

Daydream, no need to rush, when you come here you can visit the places offering used cars, or by from private persons.
You?ll find a car! ;)

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
carina said:
Daydream, no need to rush, when you come here you can visit the places offering used cars, or by from private persons.
You?ll find a car! ;)

Thanks Carina

It's just that I wanted to get an idea of costs so I can plan ahead! I wil be travelling to Sosua from Puerto Plata each day and woudl also like to use teh car to explore more of the country in my 3 month stay.

I am still undecided as to whether it's best to buy a cheap(ish) car and try to sell it before I leave (again - not sure how easy that will be??) OR to rent a car - however this is extremely expensive over 3 months and I could probably buy a car for the same amount as renting.......and hopefully get some of my money back when it comes to selling it.

I do have another question - regarding insurance. Will I have to take out a full years insurance and then cancel it before I leave? That's the only advantage of renting - the insurance is all taken care of.

Thanks
Daydream.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I guess to rent a car for 3 months, is an expensive idea.

Look for a used car when you come, or a scooter! ;)

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
carina said:
I guess to rent a car for 3 months, is an expensive idea.

Look for a used car when you come, or a scooter! ;)
Bought a used Yamaha scooter from the dealership on the main road in POP 3 years ago for $400us, still runs great. Fun for cruising around town during the day BUT unless this person is familiar with "loco l" driving habits, driving one of 'em round trip everyday to Sosua sounds like a death wish

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
daydream said:
... That's the only advantage of renting - the insurance is all taken care of.
That's true if you buy the insurance from the rental company (which might be as much as US15 per day full coverage).

If you use the free insurance provided by some credit cards, I believe there is a maximum number of days that they will provide the insurance. Sometimes the maximum is per year, sometimes consecutive days. The rules may vary depending on domestic for international rental. READ THE FINE PRINT!

Another idea may be to contract a driver for your daily commute and rent a car for your excursions.