Roco Ki Launched Today With American-Style Mortgage Financing

edflower

Feb 23, 2005
All:

Today was the official launch of the Roco Ki mega-luxury resort in Punta Cana; things appear to have gone very smoothly. The large majority of the lots/condos are already subscribed, and "American-style" financing for many of them is already being processed.

Roco Ki is anchored by the Westin, and the grand opening of the hotel itself is to take place in April of 2006. Today was the Founder's Priority Selection Event, in which the purchasers of estate lots and condos made their selections.

Today marks a milestone because it is the first time that a luxury resort has launched in D.R. while offering "American-style" mortgage financing to American and Canadian buyers; i.e., with low interest rates, long amortizations, and very favorable terms. In the past, most resort-homebuyers have been forced to either pay all-cash or use unfavorable terms, i.e., Scotia Bank's 22% interest rates, etc.

Titan Reserve LLC began the financing process for American and Canadian buyers at Roco Ki about a month ago, such that many of the homebuyers were "preapproved" before they appeared at the launch just as would be done for a resort opening in the U.S.

Although I want to make this a general informational post for D.R.-real-estate watchers, I'd like to mention that Titan Reserve LLC has been providing the same type of financing for other properties in D.R., working through various developers and realtors, for about a year now.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass along the good news. From what I can see, home financing on favorable terms for Americans and Canadians will become increasingly available during the coming months and years.

Ed Flower
Titan Reserve LLC
commercial.loans@gmail.com
614-378-4025

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Boy you'd figure a mega project would be able to afford to pay for advertising vs. resort to web boards. Cheaperoonie.

edflower

Feb 23, 2005
Advertising

Thanks for the feedback; I'm not advertising or "selling" Roco Ki-- it was fully subscribed already.

The reason I'm excited about the development is because it's the first time in D.R. that resort financing is occurring the same way it works in the U.S.-- buyers are prequalified before the launch and have several different mortgage/financing options, instead of having to choose between paying all-cash or walking away.

And, although I admire Canadians, I'm not one of them myself... ;)

Ed Flower

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Ed, thanks for the info. It's nice to see that there is an alternative to the all or none financing that exists. It's a beginning! Hopefully others will follow.
Curious. What are the terms and interest rates offered?
Luck, John

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
Financing

As an American living in the DR, I hope to see more favorable terms for buying things such as a home or car.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Not quite sure but..

edflower said:
All:

Today was the official launch of the Roco Ki mega-luxury resort in Punta Cana; things appear to have gone very smoothly. The large majority of the lots/condos are already subscribed, and "American-style" financing for many of them is already being processed.

Roco Ki is anchored by the Westin, and the grand opening of the hotel itself is to take place in April of 2006. Today was the Founder's Priority Selection Event, in which the purchasers of estate lots and condos made their selections.

Today marks a milestone because it is the first time that a luxury resort has launched in D.R. while offering "American-style" mortgage financing to American and Canadian buyers; i.e., with low interest rates, long amortizations, and very favorable terms. In the past, most resort-homebuyers have been forced to either pay all-cash or use unfavorable terms, i.e., Scotia Bank's 22% interest rates, etc.

Titan Reserve LLC began the financing process for American and Canadian buyers at Roco Ki about a month ago, such that many of the homebuyers were "preapproved" before they appeared at the launch just as would be done for a resort opening in the U.S.

Although I want to make this a general informational post for D.R.-real-estate watchers, I'd like to mention that Titan Reserve LLC has been providing the same type of financing for other properties in D.R., working through various developers and realtors, for about a year now.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass along the good news. From what I can see, home financing on favorable terms for Americans and Canadians will become increasingly available during the coming months and years.

Ed Flower
Titan Reserve LLC
commercial.loans@gmail.com
614-378-4025

are you the lending organization or simply an organization that seeks out (like a mortgage broker) financing for projects/purchases? If this is the case I think you might make that clear as your fees are not evident in your posting nor the potential interest rates that a borrower on a property bought in a third world country would incurr.
Perhaps I don't fully understand the terms of your financing so forgive me as I am usually a little slow 6:30 in the morning.

JOHN