Tengo mi camisa negra!

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
Somebody is able to tell me why the song: Tengo mi camisa negra song by PAULINA RUBIO has been banned in DR? I must confess I never heard this song and I don't know the words!

Excusemy ignorance!

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
franberu said:
Somebody is able to tell me why the song: Tengo mi camisa negra song by PAULINA RUBIO has been banned in DR? I must confess I never heard this song and I don't know the words!

Excusemy ignorance!

I believe you are referring to the song "La Camisa Negra" by Juanes (not Paulina Rubio). If thats the case I believe it has to do with something "inside his pant"

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wonder if it's the same one that juanes sings called "la camisa negra"

Maybe it was banned because they made it into a bachata or something. :laugh:.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Yes,it is Juanes' La Camisa Negra. It was banned because of a phrase in the song. Like a double entendre or something like it. It was kind of obvious, they said. I heard lately they are playing the song again, minus the phrase in question.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Pau;lina Rubio sang it at the Latin Billboards Awards

La Camisa Negra

Says something like "I am wearing a black shirt because I am mourning the death of "down there" or something to that effect.....

HB :p

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
This song "la camisa negra" is availble on Juanes CD "Mi sangre".
You can buy the cd, or download it on the net anywhere.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Can someone translate the bad part of these lyrics?

Tengo la camisa negra hoy mi amor esta de luto
Hoy tengo en el ama una pena y es por culpa de tu embrujo
Hoy se que tu ya no me quieres y eso es lo que mas me hiere
Que tengo la camisa negra y una pena que me duele

Mal parece que solo me quede y fue pura todita tu mentira
Que maldita mala suerte la mia que aquel dia te encontre

Por beber del veneno malevo de tu amor
Yo quede moribundo y lleno de dolor
Respire de ese humo amargo de tu adios
Y desde que tu te fuiste yo solo tengo

Tengo la camisa negra porque negra tengo el alma
Yo por ti perdi la calma y casi pierdo hasta mi cama

Cama cama caman baby te digo con disimulo
Que tengo la camisa negra y debajo tengo el difunto

...quando quieras mamita oo yeah

Tengo la camisa negra ya tu amor no me interesa
Lo que ayer me supo a gloria hoy me sabe a pura
Miercoles por la tarde y tu que no llegas
Ni siquiera muestras se?as y yo con la camisa negra
Y tus maletas en la puerta

Mal parece que solo me quede y fue pura todita tu mentira
Que maldita mala suerte la mia que aquel dia te encontre

Por beber del veneno malevo de tu amor
Yo quede moribundo y lleno de dolor
Respire de ese humo amargo de tu adios
Y desde que tu te fuiste yo solo tengo

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Wow - and you can still hear the canary songon the radio - like that does not have double meaning.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
...quando quieras mamita oo yeah.."

I heard that what follows the phrase, which is not really part of the song but an improvisation, was the reason it was banned. To tell you the truth, I have never heard the song in question, but the other day on tv they were talking about it and someone said that it was banned because Juanes adds: cuando quieras mamita te lo entierro"

I missed the Billboard awards, did not see Paulina Rubio or anybody else. When I remembered, it was already too late.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
A.J. said:
Wow - and you can still hear the canary songon the radio - like that does not have double meaning.

This isn't new in the DR. I remember great merengue by Kinito Mendez , in which he compared his two girlfriends, one a typical Dominican and the other a Gringa. I believe it was banned because it contained the phrase "m?s maiz", supposedly because, since typical Dominican are infomous for not enonciating the "S" sound,the phrase sounded as though he was saying "mam? ah?"

P.S. I've done a search for the song title and lyrics but didn't find it. I would be very apreciative if someone expands on what I've written and/or perhaps included the lyrics of the song.

P.P.S. What ever happen to Kinito Mendez? Its being quite a while since his last release.

edited to correct an absurd typo!

Last edited:

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
You mean it probably sounded like "mama ahi". If he had only properly pronounced those words...but perhaps that's how it was intended. Anyway, it seems like it is almost becoming a tradition in the DR.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
En Vez de Una Son Dos

Through some further research, I found the title of the Song; "En Vez de Una Son Dos." .... Digressing a beat, this song should be the "Sankie Anthem! :rambo: "

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
detailed article (spanish)

http://www.listin.com.do/antes/marzo05/200305/cuerpos/espectaculos/esp1.htm

The only thing I dont understand is how Juanes could consider this a bad thing, his music is kind of rebel oriented anyway (albeit in a very mainstream way) at least until recently when Pepsi bought him.

It seems this kind of attention would make people MORE interested in his music, not less.

Speaking of Hypocrisy, I was at the talent show for my 11-year old's grade school on Friday and whoever banned this song would have closed that school (and maybe they should) what with underage girls girating on stage to songs like that reggaeton song "chocame" etc.

I can guarantee my son wont be attending chopo-school (A&M Hostos) next year.

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
Thanks to everybody....

I understand much more now because you have all made your part in the interpretation. The answer that had help me tehe most was the one with all the words of the song since I undestand spanish!

May you all sleep in peace now!!!!

Have a good day!