Help with shipping-NY to Dom Rep

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
Hi.Im in the NY greater area.Can anyone recommend a company that will ship my personal items (couches,beds etc) to Santo Domingo from NY?Specifically,I would like my items delivered to my door in S.D..The last thing I want to do is battle with customs.I need a shipping company to fight with customs,not me!!
Thanks for any help that you can offer,Michael

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
eastcoastmike said:
Hi.Im in the NY greater area.Can anyone recommend a company that will ship my personal items (couches,beds etc) to Santo Domingo from NY?Specifically,I would like my items delivered to my door in S.D..The last thing I want to do is battle with customs.I need a shipping company to fight with customs,not me!!
Thanks for any help that you can offer,Michael

Perhaps Aeromundo Express - www.aeromundo.com - might be able to help you. They have an office in Manhattan. I am presently having a set of tires for my Honda CR-V shipped by said company from Miami to Esperanza/Valverde, hopefully they'll get there soon, in good condition... Takes about three weeks by ship from Miami I was told, probably not a lot longer from NY. Cost $ 175, door to door. I still save a bundle compared to buying them in the DR, where prices on most anything seem to have gone through the roof lately.

Roy G. Biv

Dec 25, 2004
I had success shipping a number of large boxes with personal items via La Union Shipping Company in the Bronx in 2003 and 2004. I didn't ship any furniture, but I'm pretty sure that they will do that too. They ship to Puerto Plata, I think, and then truck it to whereever. It takes from 4 to 6 weeks, door to door.