Driving from Boca CHica to Nagua

gdfz

May 4, 2005
Hello everyone and i apologize ahead of time if this has been asked already, but if it has i couldn't find it.
I need to rent a car to go from boca chica to nagua, i drive pretty fast how long do you think it will take to go to nagua, is it dangerous to drive there(i really dont think it will be but ihave never been) and what is the best route, thankyou all, gdfz

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The big question is WHY???????

You can do this easier on public transportation. Metro or Caribe tours from Santo Domingo to Nagua and the local buses from Boca Chica to Sto Domingo.

However, if you insist: CAVEAT--Do Not drive like you think you know how. They'll be scraping you off of the road. Be defensive, and expect the unexpected.
Turn left from Boca Chica. Follow your nose, go across the bridge and look for the signs that say ELEVADO....Take the ELEVADO...Follow that road until you come to this big ARCH with a huge DOMINICAN flag. Go to the RIGHT. This is Avenida Luper?n. FOLLOW this road until you come to an overpass. Go under the overpass, turn to the right up the cloverleaf onto Duarte Highway...
Follow the highway-have RD$30 pesos ready in change for the toll plaza--
You will go about 35-45 minuts until you see signs for San Francisco de Macor?s.
Turn to the right towards Macor?s...As you come into town, watch for a large sign that indicates Nagua to the right. It is like a fork in the road and you go to the right. (As long as you head north you will hit the highway to Nagua) Turn right on the highway to Nagua.

Follow your nose past Castillo, Pimentel, and a few other little spots. You will come into Nagua from the west. You'll have to turn right at some point to get into town, or else you'll end up in Cabrera.

HB :p:p:p

gdfz

May 4, 2005
Hillbilly thanks alot

Hillbilly thanks alot for the solid info. I was mainly going to go by ar because i thought it would be faster, is public trans. about 4hrs, and driving maybe 3? I dont know what do you think? thanks again. gdfz

Hillbilly said:
You can do this easier on public transportation. Metro or Caribe tours from Santo Domingo to Nagua and the local buses from Boca Chica to Sto Domingo.

However, if you insist: CAVEAT--Do Not drive like you think you know how. They'll be scraping you off of the road. Be defensive, and expect the unexpected.
Turn left from Boca Chica. Follow your nose, go across the bridge and look for the signs that say ELEVADO....Take the ELEVADO...Follow that road until you come to this big ARCH with a huge DOMINICAN flag. Go to the RIGHT. This is Avenida Luper?n. FOLLOW this road until you come to an overpass. Go under the overpass, turn to the right up the cloverleaf onto Duarte Highway...
Follow the highway-have RD$30 pesos ready in change for the toll plaza--
You will go about 35-45 minuts until you see signs for San Francisco de Macor?s.
Turn to the right towards Macor?s...As you come into town, watch for a large sign that indicates Nagua to the right. It is like a fork in the road and you go to the right. (As long as you head north you will hit the highway to Nagua) Turn right on the highway to Nagua.

Follow your nose past Castillo, Pimentel, and a few other little spots. You will come into Nagua from the west. You'll have to turn right at some point to get into town, or else you'll end up in Cabrera.

HB :p:p:p

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Obviously, public transportation is much slower

Because of connections and so forth.

However, in the DR, the phrase "Leave the driving to us!", makes tremendous sense.

Driving a car, well let me "guesstimate" the time:
-Boca Chica to Sto Dgo proper--about 25-30 minutes maybe as much as 45?
-Crossing Sto Dgo to Ave. Luper?n--about 20-30 minutes depending on time of day and traffic.
-Ave Luperon to turnoff for San Francisco de Macor?s--less than an hour
-Turnoff to Nagua--at leat an hour to one and a half hours, depending on the road condition and traffic--not too many places to pass...

"Be wise, let "them" drive"

HB :p

Jun 5, 2004
gdfz said:
Hello everyone and i apologize ahead of time if this has been asked already, but if it has i couldn't find it.
I need to rent a car to go from boca chica to nagua, i drive pretty fast how long do you think it will take to go to nagua, is it dangerous to drive there(i really dont think it will be but ihave never been) and what is the best route, thankyou all, gdfz

GDFZ I dont know if you have traveled to the Dominican Republic. One thing i am going to tell you when it comes to travel is BE CAREFUL. I think that Dominicans are known for driving like crazy and not like humans especially at night when PRESIDENTES come in. So watch out.

gdfz

May 4, 2005
I will heed your advice

apdomini100max said:
GDFZ I dont know if you have traveled to the Dominican Republic. One thing i am going to tell you when it comes to travel is BE CAREFUL. I think that Dominicans are known for driving like crazy and not like humans especially at night when PRESIDENTES come in. So watch out.

Hillbilly and apdomini100 thankyou so much for the advice, you paint a compelling picture. I think its Carib tours bus for me. I appreciate greatly, take care, gdfz