SD Metro

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Officially, the project is on, and equipment has already arrived in port. The news from Seville just shows how cost run-ups arise from the unexpected. Reminds me when my brother Enriquillo supervised the construction of a stretch of the Caracas' Metro, and how engineers had to 'improvise' solutions, like dealing with unforseen streams above the groundwater level, by coming up with a layer of moist bentonite clay that had to be kept moist ad-infinitum with hydraulic pressure.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
Leonel is just cooling off as he caught a lot of heat for donating $25mil from Estate funds to the privately owned hospital being built in Santiago while the public hospitals in SD stay falling apart. The Metro project is halted for the time being. But the Metro minister, the infamous Diandino who built elevated roads in SD with no drainage systems to keep rain water from flooding the elevated roads, had said that all the "studies" for the Metro project were done and in his office, but last week he said that his office is working at full steam on the (halted) project. I think Leonel owes him a lot of $ that Diandino "invested" in Leonel while in his election campaign, so Leonel is trying to pay him back and then some with the Metro jackpot. BTW, I think Diandino is a godfather to a Leonel sibling, so one hand washes the other.:bandit:<>:bandit:
BTW, I cant wait to see how the monorail/metro are going to handle the good old DR earthquakes.

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
quejeyoke said:
Leonel is just cooling off as he caught a lot of heat for donating $25mil from Estate funds to the privately owned hospital being built in Santiago while the public hospitals in SD stay falling apart. The Metro project is halted for the time being. But the Metro minister, the infamous Diandino who built elevated roads in SD with no drainage systems to keep rain water from flooding the elevated roads, had said that all the "studies" for the Metro project were done and in his office, but last week he said that his office is working at full steam on the (halted) project. I think Leonel owes him a lot of $ that Diandino "invested" in Leonel while in his election campaign, so Leonel is trying to pay him back and then some with the Metro jackpot. BTW, I think Diandino is a godfather to a Leonel sibling, so one hand washes the other.:bandit:<>:bandit:
BTW, I cant wait to see how the monorail/metro are going to handle the good old DR earthquakes.
Earthquake? How about the freakin LUZ or lack of it? Want to be stuck on a monorail for 2 hours without A/c?

Stupid idea for stupid people.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
Escott said:
Earthquake? How about the freakin LUZ or lack of it? Want to be stuck on a monorail for 2 hours without A/c?

Stupid idea for stupid people.

Absolutely!, this is just a bold from rags to riches overnite scheme being pushed as the blue pill that will solve all the transit problems as soon as the first line is built.They're planning to build a dedicated power grid for the Metro and maybe the monorail also, with manned sub stations along the way just to power said projects. It's inconceivable that the Gov is considering going to such great lenths for these projects instead of doing so to solve the electricity problem. The history book is open and waiting for the president that will rise up and solve the electricity problem but I wonder Y no president wants to be that her :bandit: