place to stay in santo domingo?

Cessie

Apr 5, 2005
Hi all,
I'm looking for a place to stay in Santo Domingo for a couple of days. Not too expensive, 35 USd max p.p.p.night.
Pref. close to Av. Churchill and Av. Lincoln.
Any suggestions?

All help will be appreciated,
Cessie.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Cessie said:
Hi all,
I'm looking for a place to stay in Santo Domingo for a couple of days. Not too expensive, 35 USd max p.p.p.night.
Pref. close to Av. Churchill and Av. Lincoln.
Any suggestions?

All help will be appreciated,
Cessie.

When you say $35 per person how many persons? Most rooms are by the room not the person (other than AI's) so can you pay $35, $70, $105?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That leaveas a lot of area to be covered.

You see, the two avenues you mention are parallel to each other but they are quite long. Therefore, a room that meets your requirements on Independencia Ave, might entail taxi rides of RD$200! and there goes your savings.

If you could give us an approximate location of where you'll be wanting to go, we can pinpoint some pretty nice places that will come under your criteria.

For Example: On Independence there is the Napolitano. On Bolivar there is the Plaza Aparta-Hotel Florida. And I think that maybe the Hispa?ola might make into your price range.

HB :p

Cessie

Apr 5, 2005
Hillbilly said:
You see, the two avenues you mention are parallel to each other but they are quite long. Therefore, a room that meets your requirements on Independencia Ave, might entail taxi rides of RD$200! and there goes your savings.

If you could give us an approximate location of where you'll be wanting to go, we can pinpoint some pretty nice places that will come under your criteria.

For Example: On Independence there is the Napolitano. On Bolivar there is the Plaza Aparta-Hotel Florida. And I think that maybe the Hispa?ola might make into your price range.

HB :p
Hi ,

I want to stay in some place close to The Dutch Embassy. Their adress says: Calle Max Henriquez Urena Av. Churchill y Av. Lincoln. I'm not familiar in Santo Domingo, so i don't know if the adress makes sence ;)
I'm going with my husband and two kids. So 75USD for a room for 4 people per night...is max. is that reasonable? It doesn't have to be anything fancy, like a AI, but just clean, decent and safe.
Hope this info makes it a bit easier to help me :laugh:

Cessie.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Cessie, this is in the Piantini district and the address is correct. The nearest hotel is the Naco on Av. Tiradentes - not terribly fancy but OK. I would guess that their rates are within your budget.

www.hotelnaco.net

There is another hotel nearby but the name eludes me just now.

Cessie

Apr 5, 2005
Chirimoya said:
Cessie, this is in the Piantini district and the address is correct. The nearest hotel is the Naco on Av. Tiradentes - not terribly fancy but OK. I would guess that their rates are within your budget.

www.hotelnaco.net

There is another hotel nearby but the name eludes me just now.
thank you so much!!

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Ah, the Dutch Embassy....

It's in Piantini, two blocks from Haagen-Daz Cafe. Hotel Naco on Tiradentes Ave would be your best bet. There's the Vesuvio restaurant right across the street from the hotel too......