Summer 2005 forecast - harsh & cold

momonholiday

Mar 27, 2005
I just heard today that "they" are forecasting a harsh and cold summer for the DR this year. Has anyone else heard this? What does harsh and cold mean to a Dominican? I'm from northern Alberta in Canada - now we know harsh and cold!!
HJ :cry:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Who are "they"?

momonholiday said:
I just heard today that "they" are forecasting a harsh and cold summer for the DR this year. Has anyone else heard this? What does harsh and cold mean to a Dominican? I'm from northern Alberta in Canada - now we know harsh and cold!!

Momonholiday,

I would like to review this information, would you be so kind as to provide a clue to the indentity of "they".

Regards,
PJT

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
As we get nearer to summer, temperatures of 30C+ (86F+) are becoming the norm. Someone must be confusing countries. This is the Caribbean. There is no such thing as a harsh and cold summer, or even winter, in the Caribbean. For an overview of weather in general, see http://dr1.com/travel/expect/weather.shtml

For day to day weather reports, see http://www.dr1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Note that the comments in this weather section have as source the actual weather in the area as they are reported by people that live in these areas.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
The current forecast in Washington Heights(NY) a/k/a "Little Santo Domingo" is 55F Sunny with a High of 64F :classic:

Jun 5, 2004
momonholiday said:

I would say that the lowest the temp can get in the Dominican Republic is 60 degress farengheit in the summer. The normals are always 80 and 90.

momonholiday

Mar 27, 2005
PJT said:
Momonholiday,

I would like to review this information, would you be so kind as to provide a clue to the indentity of "they".

Regards,
PJT

PJT
I will try to find that out. I heard it from a friend who does a lot of research and then searched the Internet to try and confirm it - no luck. I will talk to her next week and ask her what her source is.

HJ