job as an animateur in DR

J

JENNIFER

does anyone know how to get a job as an animateur in DR. i am a 20 - year old girl from germany and want to work there for a few month. where can i write to... if there?s anyone animateur in Dr reading this, please contact me. thanx jenn

L

lp

Hi Jennifer,

You can do one of a few things.

1.You can contact the hotel you went to (if you have been to the DR) and ask them specifically, if they are hiring. Speak to the Activities Director or General Manager (I've seen quite a few cases where if there is not already a non-dominican on the team, then an exception is usually made. Good for servicing the tourists.

2. You can go directly through the actual agency of the hotel. (ie: Allegro, Coral) Contact the hotel and ask for the hotels overall agency, or sponsor. These companies usually own hotels all over the world, and it's more of a professional hire, rather than just by the hotel. (Most of these agencies are from the United States, if I'm not mistaken.)

3. If you require further info, I'll do the best I can to give it to you. I'm not Dominican, but worked in the hotel business there.

Warning: pay is very limited, but it's worth the experience if you're ready.

G

gina

Hi this is a message for IP from the answer above. Do you have an email address? I would like to emai you some questions regarding works as an animator. thxs