Leaving the DR...

Maryposa

May 6, 2005
Dear DR1'ers,

After almost 4 years DR (Santo Domingo) it?s time for us to pack and leave. We?ve been living here with our three children (aged 12, 9 and 7) and we?ve had a good time here. Although I was not an active poster, I?ve been reading a lot on the message board and it has contributed to the positive experiences here in the DR.

We?ve lived in the Arroyo Hondo and are currently preparing to move to another country. We?re still looking for lovely families for some of our pets: two healthy young and lovely dogs (fully operated and vaccinated!) and our lovely cat (also operated and vaccinated). The pets are offered for ?free?, the only concern we have is that they end up in a nice place where people can take care of them.

Please e-mail me if you?re interested in one of our pets.

Thank for everything, DR1ers!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Maryposa said:
We?ve lived in the Arroyo Hondo and are currently preparing to move to another country. We?re still looking for lovely families for some of our pets: two healthy young and lovely dogs (fully operated and vaccinated!) and our lovely cat (also operated and vaccinated). The pets are offered for ?free?, the only concern we have is that they end up in a nice place where people can take care of them.

Why aren't you taking these pets with you?
aren't you all going to miss them?
Don't you feel that those pets are very much part of your family as well?
Look into their faces and tell them that you are getting rid of them because you are already finished with them just like a worker that you would layoff or like a pair shoes that you already used and no longer need.

Last edited:

Maryposa

May 6, 2005
Looking in their eyes....

Our dogs are all medium sized female stray dogs. We have three, and the oldest, blackest one goes to my maid. "Rakker" (two years) a black one, walked into our patio one day and decided she wanted to live with us. We had her immediately vaccinated (Rabies worms, etc) because our children were playing with her) and on the day she didn't fit through the gate anymore, she definitely stayed with us and never returned to the street.
"Charlie" (about 1.5 year old), is also a stray dog and was taken by my husband home from Haina. The mother lay on the street, killed and Charlie was left at the side of the street as a small puppy. He took her home as well (no, he did not ran over the mother himself... just expecting some joking replies...)
Both dogs are very healthy. They have been taken care by Claudia Musa, our Vetinarian, who comes by for check-ups, vaccinations etc. I don't need to keep track, she does it. (very good and very affordable service!)
Both dogs are 'fixed' (operated) and will not be making any babies (for we believe there are more than enough in this country...). Charlie has very recently been operated!

Yes, I did look into the eyes of my pets, and more important in the eyes of my children, who love them so much. Nevertheless, we have our reasons why we can?t take them, although we understand that someone else won?t probably agree.

Our concern is to find nice houses for them, so our children will feel comfortable enough to leave them here, with other caring families.

Maryposa

sukey13

May 5, 2005
why

Why are you leaving?

And

More importantly where are you going to?

Just curious...

katira57

Sep 12, 2006
i have a friend that would be interested in 1 dog , I would like toknow what race the

Dear DR1'ers,

After almost 4 years DR (Santo Domingo) it?s time for us to pack and leave. We?ve been living here with our three children (aged 12, 9 and 7) and we?ve had a good time here. Although I was not an active poster, I?ve been reading a lot on the message board and it has contributed to the positive experiences here in the DR.

Hi, I have a friend that will be interested in 1 of your dogs, I would like to know what race they are> thank you and sorry you are leaving

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"yo!"....."kat"......................

Check the date on the post!!!
They have been gone for well over a year!:cheeky:
They were all "Vira Lata"(Strays) in English!
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc