Where is the best place to shop for baby furniture and misc itiems

On Vacation!
Feb 18, 2005
Hello all

We are expecting our frist little one in a few weeks and i need to find some good baby furinture and also a living room set for my girlfriends Casa in the Sosoua area.

Rick

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
680680 said:
Hello all

We are expecting our frist little one in a few weeks and i need to find some good baby furinture and also a living room set for my girlfriends Casa in the Sosoua area.

Rick

Both Messon and Jimenez on the opposit side of the street have new baby departments both of them. You also find all "small" stuff on the 2nd floor at Casa Nelson. ( as by the other 2 )

For living room set:
Gonzales Muebles
Casa Nelson
Centro Hidelisa
All in Puerto Plata

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Been there ......

Nicky has six weeks to go, panic panic panic - We've found that National Supermarkets' baby department in Santiago is more or less the only place to go to find baby stuff that anyone would consider relatively "safe" to use.

We went to America and carried everything back and still saved money. Be prepared to be shockingly and obviously ripped off. EG. Stroller sets in the USA come with a car seat and car seat base as standard. As if by magic over here they take the car seat out of the package and sell it seperately (for as much as the whole lot costs in America) and then sell the stroller seperately too racking up a mighty but somewhat unpalatable profit.

To be honest it made me quite angry to see quality baby care accessories being priced so high as to exclude Dominican families who are just as entitled to bring up their child safely as I am. Who are they letting down here?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
There is a couple of furniture stores in Gaspar Hernandez with reasonable prices. The stores are on the main street and you can't miss them.