Best Empanadas and Pinchos!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Name: Empanadas Y Mas
Location: Avenida Espana, across from the Aquario, Santo Domingo.

You want to eat the best empanadas and pinchos, that's the place to go to.

They have all kind of empanadas and pinchos and the prices are very reasonable. They range from 30 to 70 pesos.

They also sell the COLDEST Presidentes that I have ever drank.

The owner and his wife will make you feel very welcome.

Pay them a visit and happy eating and drinking.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
thats nice to know

miguel said:

They have all kind of empanadas and pinchos and the prices are very reasonable. They range from 30 to 70 pesos.

buttt good food, service,cold beer,nice owners.....should be that way....sooooo what is your point.?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
easygoin said:
buttt good food, service,cold beer,nice owners.....should be that way....sooooo what is your point.?
Oye Jack, look up for the forum's name; "The Best Of The DR"....

Why don't you ask Robert what's the point to his "Best of.." forum. Que mamao!.

Nov 5, 2004
miguel said:

Will have to try thoes next time I am in SD. There are some GRRRREAT empanadas in Luperon..this lady makes them in her house every morning and sells them to the 2 of the different little "breakfast stores" in the morning. She makes Carne (meat) and queso (cheese) ones. I personally (no offense to anyone) have never likes any cheese I have eaten in the DR..but the meat ones are the BEST I have ever tasted..!!!!!! Although granted, I have probably not tried as many different empanadas as Miguel...and not many ppl are going to go all the way to Luperon to try these! But they are SO AMAZING!

Have eaten my share of empanadas in Luperon, Imbert, Puerto Plata, Sosua, Caberete, Santiago, Santo Domingo..and some little places here and there which I don't know the names. None were as good as the meat ones from this lady in Luperon. Although they are always all sold out by 8:30am...and I love my sleep. So Carlos always has to get up at 7:30am to get them for me!!! :D They are on the small-ish side...but only 10 or 20 pesos. When I first saw them I thought they were Jamaican patties which I LOVE...and these ones she makes have a nice spicy FLAVOR to them..not too spicy..but just a very nice falvor.

My next favourite empanadas are in Santo Domingo (don't know the address..sorry) and they are shrimp ones..very big and about 40 pesos I believe. Behind my brother in laws house is all I can say for directions.LOL.

But I am an HUUUUGE fan of (good) empanadas...can't wait to try thoes ones Miguel! ;) Which type do you think are the best?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Contra!!!

PeachezNcream84 said:
Will have to try thoes next time I am in SD. There are some GRRRREAT empanadas in Luperon..this lady makes them in her house every morning and sells them to the 2 of the different little "breakfast stores" in the morning. She makes Carne (meat) and queso (cheese) ones. I personally (no offense to anyone) have never likes any cheese I have eaten in the DR..but the meat ones are the BEST I have ever tasted..!!!!!! Although granted, I have probably not tried as many different empanadas as Miguel...and not many ppl are going to go all the way to Luperon to try these! But they are SO AMAZING!

Have eaten my share of empanadas in Luperon, Imbert, Puerto Plata, Sosua, Caberete, Santiago, Santo Domingo..and some little places here and there which I don't know the names. None were as good as the meat ones from this lady in Luperon. Although they are always all sold out by 8:30am...and I love my sleep. So Carlos always has to get up at 7:30am to get them for me!!! :D They are on the small-ish side...but only 10 or 20 pesos. When I first saw them I thought they were Jamaican patties which I LOVE...and these ones she makes have a nice spicy FLAVOR to them..not too spicy..but just a very nice falvor.

My next favourite empanadas are in Santo Domingo (don't know the address..sorry) and they are shrimp ones..very big and about 40 pesos I believe. Behind my brother in laws house is all I can say for directions.LOL.

But I am an HUUUUGE fan of (good) empanadas...can't wait to try thoes ones Miguel! ;) Which type do you think are the best?
Dios mio, I guess that you DO like empanadas much more than me, ;) .

There are many, many places that sell great empanadas in the DR. I remember going to La Duarte, back in 1983 and hungry as hell from a "all nighter", and just eating empanadas like there was no "mananas". We must of stopped in about 10 different stands. Those were the darn good days!!!!!.

The mentioned locale, it's not that big but big enough to feel very comfortable. It has it own parking and it's very clean.

To answer your question:

Since I visited a few times, I tried them ALL: pizza, ham and cheese, ham, pepperoni, meat, chicken, egg, you names it, I tried it. And since you can see that I am a "Big Fat Boy", I tried each more than once. I also tried the chicken and beef pinchos. Good stuff. I must say that I was, also, not a big fan of cheese but I tried it more than once. BUt lets not forget about their "COLD" as hell Presidentes. Or is it "COLD as heaven", since hell is HOT, hehe.

Jun 5, 2004
miguel said:

Sounds very good. especially if they have cold Presidente. Will go there soon to check it out.

westcoastfantas

Dec 30, 2004
Definitely gonna check it out

Thanks for the info. My wife and I will be there in less than 30 days. We'll definitely check it out when we're in Santo Domingo.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The REALLY BEST empanadas

and Kipes are to be found in Santiago on Av. Metropolitana next to the Sugiery Farmacy and on 27 de Febrero next to Don Luis at the corner of Erik Eckman.

Hands down, no bull, this has at least a ****** rating by this gourmet of DR finger food. I'll take bets too.....BEER is coooold too...

How do you think I got to 306??

HB:p:p:p

mankind

Mar 6, 2004
Cold Presidente & Quipes

I just came back from Santiago and did a lot of research on the subject. I would say Casa Bader wins on both coldest beer and best Quipes. Address, just off Calla Del Sol, 16th De Augusto.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I'll take that bet!

Hillbilly said:
and Kipes are to be found in Santiago on Av. Metropolitana next to the Sugiery Farmacy and on 27 de Febrero next to Don Luis at the corner of Erik Eckman.

Hands down, no bull, this has at least a ****** rating by this gourmet of DR finger food. I'll take bets too.....BEER is coooold too...

How do you think I got to 306??
You are on!.

Now go to Empanadas Y Mas and taste theirs and I promise you that, in no time, you will be 406!!!!!. :eek: :eek:

johnny C

Sep 15, 2004
If it's still there - Shish Kabob in La Romama has fantastic Kipes and Ice Cold Presidentes too

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
johnny C said:
If it's still there - Shish Kabob in La Romama has fantastic Kipes and Ice Cold Presidentes too

Its still here!! I was there last weekend.
Definately the best place for shish-kabob, quipes and arab food in the DR!!!