Are there any good clubs in punta cana

reggae boy

May 7, 2005
I will be going to Punta Cana May 12 -15 are there any good clubs there on the resort and off where locals and tourist go?

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
The must known and where everybody goes is Mang?, I was working in the area for 2 months but I never had the oportunity to go there, but every body talked about to go there.

l_th

Jun 4, 2004
www.809k.com
Why am I always responding to posts on clubs... ;)

These are places outside the AI hotels and is limited to places with NO bachata and few sankies if none

A few places in the Punta Cana/Bavaro area.

Mangu. Love it or hate it its always packed. Its at the Flamenco hotel but its open to anyone in Bavaro (Cover was $150 pesos last week) 2 floors music going from hip/hop, merengue, electronic. Mix of AI tourists and sankies.

Sky. Sky is a small lounge/bar on the beach, great place for relaxing an afternoon while kicking back a few beers.

JellyFish: Nice restaurant. I know they've had a couple of electronic music parties last year don't know how active its currently.

Hurricane Cafe: Just like above, I know they had a party 2 weeks back but don't know how reoccurring it is.

I heard of a lounge called White Sands didn't get to visit it tho.

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
Hurricane cafe is between Ocean Bavaro and Los corales. Right on the beach. Very nice for dinner or lunch or day time drinks. You can sit on beach lounges and be serves while sunbathing. It is very quiet at night although they have full moon parties. (which are also pretty quiet but nice.)
Jellyfish is near Melia and Paridisius Palma Real. A fabulous restaurant for lunch or dinner. It isn't always open for dinner so I don't know what the nightlife is like. But I do know they make the best strawberry daquiries!!!
Try Soles. It is right on the beach by Los corales. They have live entertainment and plenty of beach lounge chairs to enjoy the music. Very relaxed, laid back atmosphere but fun. Lots of people and dependeing on the entertainment, can be a great partty.
None of these places are like Mangu (more a disco) but all are loved by residents and locals. Not real touristy. Mangu has lots of tourists because is by the hotel. Whatever you prefer, enjoy!!!