Need hotel near US Embassy

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I am looking for a good hotel walking distance from the American Embassy in S.D. I know of the Barcelo Lina. Any suggestions? Thanks - D

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Barcelo Lina is run down and overpriced.
Try El Embajador if price is no object and you want luxury.
The Marriott Courtyard is less expensive and very clean.

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
Marriot

I agree.The Marriot is an easy walk to the Embassy.I stayed there in February and it's a great Hotel.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The Marriott is a good selection. It is very close to the embassy and it is on a main road, Maximo Gomez. There is plenty of amenities nearby, such as a supermarket, fast food restaurants, national theater, public transportation and ect.

Regards,
PJT

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Danny, I like the Marriot also. The rate is 109 per night including 1 breakfast but additional breakfasts are 10 bux each so there is nothing really included since you pay 2x as much for the second person. Everything in there extra is expensive. Friday, Saturday and Sunday you can get the Resident rate of 59 US per night with NO breakfast included. Just make sure your girlfriend has her cedular. National Supermarket is 2 blocks away and there is a half size fridge in the rooms.

It has internet in the rooms and wireless in the common areas of the hotel. It has a pool and a great lobby. Let me know if there is anything about the hotel you need info on as I was just there yesterday for 4 days and have stayed there many times.

Escott

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Do You Know The Difference Between The "Embassy & the "Consulate"?

I doubt it.Most people don't! You most likely mean the American Consulate.(Corner of Maximo Gomez)So take "Escotts" advice(ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA!) and stay at the "Marriot".It is close,and you will be helping the "Mormones" build more temples in the DR at the same time!!!!!

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
You're right. I don't know the difference between embassy and consulate - but what the hell, I know everything else. Nobody's perfect. So we'll be staying at the Marriot. Marisol is determined to get a visa to visit NY (and I thought I was safe!), and since she has 2 children, a car and $1500 in the bank plus my vouching for her, we are advised that she could get one. We have an appointment at the visa office in S.D. - D

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Good Luck" Is Right! But Please Let Us Know!!

"Marisol's" conditions are about the same as many friends of American men who want to help them get a visa to the US.If Marisol is not your wife,I would bet that she will not be getting a visa.My wife got a 10 year visa when we went 5 years ago,only because we had been married for 5 years at that time.I was treated like an idiot by the American man behind the two inch glass! I know why the glass was there!He was condesending and I really wanted to puch his lights out! (Glass not withstanding!)I am in the process of getting my 3 kids their American passports,and social security cards now.As well as having an appointment to try aand get a visa for my wife's 13 year old son.So far I hate everything about the American Consulate!
So please let us know how you make out,and I will too!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC