Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Security Alarms for Homes

What is the best source, in terms of variety as well as price, of alarms and other security devices for homes?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hola Ken,
    In the past we've used Alerta in Santiago. Guy called Juan Castillo. Don't know how valid this contact number is ... Cell: 707 0582 Tel: 583 6900 - 582 5075
    Only problem we've had is that they are a bit far from Cabarete.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Got mine in Santiago

Not too techy, not too expensive - Radio Shack have a good line in wireless, install it yourself stuff. I put it in my garage in an afternoon. They go right up to video camera stuff so you should find a good package. - Don't forget to haggle over the price. We got a huge reduction when we asked nicely.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simon & Nicky
    Not too techy, not too expensive - Radio Shack have a good line in wireless, install it yourself stuff. I put it in my garage in an afternoon. They go right up to video camera stuff so you should find a good package. - Don't forget to haggle over the price. We got a huge reduction when we asked nicely.
    Where? Santo Domingo? Do you recall which store it was?

Thanks.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

a 150lb rottweiler makes a great deterrent...if they get past him ..they're welcome to help themselves.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it Radio Shack?

Can't remember now - mind's gone DR - You know, it's the shop in the International Plaza in Santiago that sells electrical stuff.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default alarms in Sosua

Don't know what the store is called or the name of the plaza, but head out of Sosua towards Cabarete....it's the plaza before the Carwash, next to the Puerta/Ventana store is a German run electronics store.

They sell all sorts of alarms (windows/doors/whole house)along with inverters and wind turbine thingys.

Was in there today....no idea of prices as I didn't ask.

Take your German phrasebook with you!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's this?

GJSUK - You did a drive-by and never popped up for a coffee? And your excuse is ......

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ahh shucks

busted!!!!

no excuse really but thought you may be busy organizing the head wetting night or sorting out your water collection contraption now that we have some rain again!!!

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alarms

Quote Originally Posted by gjsuk
    Don't know what the store is called or the name of the plaza, but head out of Sosua towards Cabarete....it's the plaza before the Carwash, next to the Puerta/Ventana store is a German run electronics store.

They sell all sorts of alarms (windows/doors/whole house)along with inverters and wind turbine thingys.

Was in there today....no idea of prices as I didn't ask.

Take your German phrasebook with you!!
    Thanks ... I will visit this place tomorrow and get some details and will post here again.

I also know that there is a Security Meeting on Saturday 21st May at 11 am - El Colibri Resort, Calle Pedro Clisante, El Batey (Close to the Car Wash). Meeting is to discuss the crime rate in Sosua and surrounding areas. I have seen posters and flyers around. I will be there for sure !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast