Recommendations on car rental in POP?

Sanni1975

Jun 6, 2002
hi there,

do you happen to know where to rent a car that deserves its name but is not too way off with the rates they want? and is it possible to get child seats as well?

thanks for all your input,
sandra

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I would try Avis - sorry I don't have their webpage details handy but I am sure you could get them through their Main Webpage. The Puerto Plata offices are just 5/600 yards from Costa Dorada hotle where you are staying.

I tried a LOT of places for a friend of mine just recently & Avis (surprisingly) came up with the best rate & with excellent service. If a child seat is available in the country, I am SURE they will find & fit it!! ~ Grahame.

Couillard

May 10, 2005
I usually rent from this gentleman, when visiting the RD. I have used him 5-6 times now and have had friends use him as well. Very nice. Gives good prices. He is fully insured. Matter of fact my last trip I was involved in a car accident and he took care of everything for me. Showed up dealt with the situation and gave me his car to use. I trust him very much. Tell him you heard of him from me and I am sure he can work anything out for you. Oh, most likely his helper Cheri will reply to any emails. She is great as well. She is American. WWW.Caonabo.Info

hedlykarok

Mar 3, 2005
www.latinamericanlady.com
Here's 2 right at the airport

Sanni1975 said:
hi there,

do you happen to know where to rent a car that deserves its name but is not too way off with the rates they want? and is it possible to get child seats as well?

thanks for all your input,
sandra

I just booked on www.alamo.com for $177 for 1 week including taxes and insurance (with Visa I waive the damage, the card pays). Click on the hot deals tab and go to international and Dominican Republic links. You get a 15% discount. The problem with Alamo is the economy cars have really crappy radios.

I may still book through my normal rental place:

http://www.savingscarrental.com

if they will match the Alamo price. You can call and talk to Yohanne, she speaks english. I prefer these guys because their cars have great CD player/radios, alarms, "the club" and they look like dominican cars not rentals, although that may not matter to you.
Both are located right out the door at the airport and both will have child seats, although it may cost more I don't know.