Tri-State Area Reunion

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Ok, this is the official thread for the May 14 Reunion in NEWARK NJ!! I need to know who is coming so that I can get a table reservation. I will post again later with more details.

Here is the address:

Fernandes Restaurant & Bar
157 Fleming Ave
Newark, NJ 07105-4009
(973) 465-4533

Map

This place is right by Newark Penn Station, you can catch a bus, NJ transit and/or the Path Train from the city and then take a taxi to the restaurant.

I need to know if 8PM is ok with you guys as well...

Let the Coronas (Uhmmm - Presidentes) Roll!!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Hey, be more specific! Do they have Presidente? I hate Corona but may be able to get by on budweiser etc if there is no presidente! I will check my schedule and try to make it.

Talldrink said:
Ok, this is the official thread for the May 14 Reunion in NEWARK NJ!! I need to know who is coming so that I can get a table reservation. I will post again later with more details.

Here is the address:

Fernandes Restaurant & Bar
157 Fleming Ave
Newark, NJ 07105-4009
(973) 465-4533

Map

This place is right by Newark Penn Station, you can catch a bus, NJ transit and/or the Path Train from the city and then take a taxi to the restaurant.

I need to know if 8PM is ok with you guys as well...

Let the Coronas (Uhmmm - Presidentes) Roll!!

:( I maybe still in DR till Sunday or monday :) Do it the following week pleaseeee ;)
Badpiece

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
May 21st works for me. (BTW, I guess we need at least 3 people for this to qualify as a Tri-State reunion);).

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
I can make the 21st but not the 14th.

I think I went to this place once - is it a fairly big place that has some latin cover bands and it gets really crowded - also, I noticed quite a few older couples/tables of friends.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Chris, you are right, it is a family type large restaurant that has live music on the weekends. there is plenty of room to dance and it is well lit and pretty nice. It is nothing like DRK - not club like at all.

Rellosk - do you mean we need at least 3 states to be represented so that it can be officially a tri-state reunion? I know for a fact NY/NJ will have reps - dont know about CT tho... Keith, arent you from DC or something?

It looks like we are leaning towards May 21... You all still have time to vote so hurry up!

Larry, Lina, Betty, John(s), Michelle, Zoila, Platano, El Tigre, La Flor, and all the others - cant name everyone... come on!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Talldrink said:
Rellosk - do you mean we need at least 3 states to be represented so that it can be officially a tri-state reunion? I know for a fact NY/NJ will have reps - dont know about CT tho... Keith, arent you from DC or something?
It was a feeble attempt at humor, being that prior to today, less than 3 people had responded.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Well, we are back to square one then... Larry/Patrick we need more of the regulars to reply to see what date is best. Otherwise, June it is...

Rellosk - got it, lol ;o)

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Talldrink said:
do you mean we need at least 3 states to be represented so that it can be officially a tri-state reunion? I know for a fact NY/NJ will have reps - dont know about CT tho... Keith, arent you from DC or something?

T/D, I will do my best to represent the State of Connecticut!! ;) The 21st works for me, although I hope Larry can make it also.
John

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
johnsr said:
T/D, I will do my best to represent the State of Connecticut!! ;) The 21st works for me, although I hope Larry can make it also.
John

No, I can't make it the 21st but go ahead and have it without me if the date works for everyone. I'll catch up with you guys next time :)

Larry

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Ugh!

la flor said:
I cant make the 21st, Im going to Miami. I will see you all at the next one then!

This seems to be totaly impossible!!! someone has just got to pick a date...give people time...and then confirm.

The first weekend worked for me...have a matinee but then am free.....the following weekend i have a friend up from SD...

One question..will the guys be comfortable with me there? I am just not sure if i will "fit in" with the crowd is all. Aint a flamer...but dont want to deal with any crap.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Talldrink said:
Well, we are back to square one then... Larry/Patrick we need more of the regulars to reply to see what date is best. Otherwise, June it is...

Rellosk - got it, lol ;o)
Patrick is next door to me. He won't make it. He isn't coming back to NY ever. He has decided that he is much happier with his Doctor, Engineer and Lawyer Girlfriends from Santiago hanging out in Sosua with Moi! He was suppose to be back at work yesterday but missed his plane somehow and missed it again yesterday and today, tomorrow and the next day.

Patrick said hi to all of you and wanted everyone to know he is having a great time before he fell in his bottle of rum today. Maybe I can get him to say hi tomorrow if I can get a therapist here again to help him move his jaw up and down.

Jesus, he came in here yesterday afternoon with a glass with ice and a big bottle of rum. I was hammered by 4 oclock and I don't even drink much! His Lawyer girlfriend and his Engineer girlfriend had a bottle of Baileys each. Man this is a tough crowd! The Doctor and the Dentist left two days ago.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I get upset when people make fun of you guys for not being able to agree on a date, but for pete sakes this is what the third time the date has been changed? :laugh:

Ok me go back to Spanish 101 now. :nervous:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
yeah, I guess I have to be quiet when AZB and the others make fun of us for not sticking to a date. I say we keep it for this Saturday... I'm sorry Patrick, but this weekend is better for me as well. I will compile a count by the end of the day for the 14th.

Jerzyguy - you are more than welcome to come - you will be fine with us. The more the merrier. IF we delt with Chopical we can deal with ANYONE!!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Ok, called some members and this weekend is bad. Unless we get some more responses for 5/21 I'm officially out of doing this in Jersey and sticking to going to the ones in SD :(

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Talldrink said:
Ok, called some members and this weekend is bad. Unless we get some more responses for 5/21 I'm officially out of doing this in Jersey and sticking to going to the ones in SD :(
I had a change in plans and will not be able to make it on the 21st.

In an attempt to salvage a Tri-State Area Reunion I would like anyone that is interested in attending to copy the list and put their names under the dates that they would be available. Once we know who will be coming, we can decide on a locale.

May 28th (Memorial Day Weekend)
rellosk

June 4th
rellosk

June 11th
rellosk (not 100 %sure)

June 18th
rellosk (not 100 %sure)

June 25th
rellosk