Boca Chica

CubanoCFO

May 9, 2005
I'll be visiting Boca Chica soon for a week; most likely staying at Hotel Zapata
I am also thinking about visiting "La capital" wich is nearby (20 min); is it safe? daytime? and also at night?.. what others places can I visit (not too far ) Juan Dolio ? please advice.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There is no reason to go to Juan Dolio!
Take that day trip to Isle Saona with your girlfriend of the day.
It's a nice catamaran ride to an island.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
CubanoCFO said:
I'll be visiting Boca Chica soon for a week; most likely staying at Hotel Zapata
I am also thinking about visiting "La capital" wich is nearby (20 min); is it safe? daytime? and also at night?.. what others places can I visit (not too far ) Juan Dolio ? please advice.

If you are in Boca Chica you will not find much different in Juan Dolio to bother making the trip. The capital with traffic is more like 40 minutes away but is worth seeing and safe enough.

Zapata is a nice family-oriented ( e.g. not the best for local girls to come back with you if you like that sort of thing) and on the beach. No swimming pool.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
do you like to boogie board with some great waves???

There is a small little beach about 10-15 mins via guagua called playa carribe.
ITs a tiny little beach...but GREAT waves!!! you can rent a boogie board for cheap and play in the waves....and there are NO beach vendors to hassle you.

There is nothing special about jual dolio...but it is a bit quieter than boca chica. and there are also some beaches in in the area that are quiet if you want some time alone with your girlfriend.

Getting into the capital is fairly easy (if you speak moderate spanish...the trick to make sure to get an EXPRESS bus and then figuring out where to get off....first time..you will probably want to get off in the colonial zone.)

Definitely do the day trip out to saona..its runs around 40-50 bucks...but it included drinks and food....and if you are into hanging out with other tourists its not a bad deal...and its very pretty.

Now..if only if i could find some really good snorkeling around BC i would be VERY happy. Swimming out to mitaca (off the beach in B.C.) is ok....but it is hardly spectacular snorkeling.....welll...it CAN be spectacular....but for other reasons LOL :)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
There's some good Italian restaurants in Juan Dolio!

As well as some beautiful beach areas that are much better for swimming/snorkeling that BC.
It is definitely "quieter" than BC and not quite so many "working" girls in the area.
Tourist type shops are about the same however there is the cigar factory in the Villas del Mar/Boulevard area in front of La Cappella resort.
You might also enjoy a day trip to Catalina Island. It also is a beautiful beach and there's great snorkeling in the coral garden. Cost includes bus to La Romana, boat to the island, all you can eat/drink!

CubanoCFO

May 9, 2005
Thanks Jrzyguy, what is Mitaca?, are you referring to the little island in front of BC? and what "spectacular" is going on there...and Mommc, thanks for the info.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Zapata - Yuck!!

CubanoCFO said:
The Zapata sucks!!

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Not Really...

rellosk said:
Care to expand on that statement?
Why restate something that's been said on this board before?

If you're really curious, just do a Search.

-Helpmann

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
helpmann said:
If you're really curious, just do a Search.
I am curious as to why someone would take the time to post "The Zapata sucks!!" without providing any reason. Especially since the OP is think of staying there and might be interested in hearing why "The Zapata sucks!!".

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Broken Record...

rellosk said:
I am curious as to why someone would take the time to post "The Zapata sucks!!" without providing any reason. Especially since the OP is think of staying there and might be interested in hearing why "The Zapata sucks!!".
I don't want to waste my time, when someone can just do a search on the board.

-Helpmann

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I've stayed at the Zapata...

and it's very convenient if you want to be by the beach. The have a restaurant, a nice rear courtyard (with a bar and lounge chairs) that will leave you right in front of the beach. The rooms are basic and the pillows are as thin as wafers, but their security is tight-and it is chica friendly. You just have to pay 10 bucks if she stays past 6 am or something like that.

They offer free breakfast if you wake up early enough and it is included in the price. For 45-50 bucks US it is not bad. They are also meticulous about the housecleaning.

They just do not allow the loud frat-style partying to go on. Why it would suck compared to the other Boca Chica hotels in the area I don't know. All I know is that I have stayed there twice with no complaints.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Search...

Berzin said:
and it's very convenient if you want to be by the beach. The have a restaurant, a nice rear courtyard (with a bar and lounge chairs) that will leave you right in front of the beach. The rooms are basic and the pillows are as thin as wafers, but their security is tight-and it is chica friendly. You just have to pay 10 bucks if she stays past 6 am or something like that.

They offer free breakfast if you wake up early enough and it is included in the price. For 45-50 bucks US it is not bad. They are also meticulous about the housecleaning.

They just do not allow the loud frat-style partying to go on. Why it would suck compared to the other Boca Chica hotels in the area I don't know. All I know is that I have stayed there twice with no complaints.
$45-50 (not including the chica fee) are high-end prices (outside of AIs) for Boca Chica. For basic service and wafer thin pillows you could be paying $15 and still have a pool to swim in.

For $45:
a) at Candil, you'll get bigger, better rooms, a pool, cable, and much better security (no chica fees)

b) at Costlunga, you'll have access to internet, you'll get bigger, better rooms, a pool, cable, and a lobby full of whores (no chica fees)

c) at El Caucho, you'll have access to wireless internet, you'll get better rooms, a pool, cable, a restaurant, a rec area, a bar, gaming machines, easy access to whores, a very accomodating young English speaking staff (no chica fees)

d) And where I stay in Boca Chica, I get a studio apartment, queen bed, cable, a kitchen (plates, glasses, flatware, cooking utensils) full fridge, oven/stove, patio (w/ chairs), great service, and complete privacy (of course no chica fee) for $35.

Damn' you forced me to write what easily be found by doing a search on this board!!

-Helpmann :(

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I tricked you, Helpmann...

It was I who was too lazy to do a search. Now I have ALL of this great info for my next trip!!! They don't call you Helpman for nothing!!!! ;)

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
all you need is a bed

Kitchen? what the hell are you cooking?
Outdoor patio? What the hell is there to look at?
TV w/ Cable? That's for the cartoon watching Chicas
Wireless Internet? What the hell are you bringing you're laptop for??
Fridge? OK to keep the Beers and the Water Cold
Pool?? You are no further than 3 blocks from the biggest damn swimming pool in DR
Free Breakfast? It will just spoil your alcoholic appetite

The hotel needs a bed and a door $10, the rest is fluff

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
The Answers to Your Questions...

Ricardo900 said:
Kitchen? what the hell are you cooking?
Yes! I prefer my cooking and a couple of my stays have been long...

Outdoor patio? What the hell is there to look at?
My neighbor's whores. It's always nice to make more friends. :)

TV w/ Cable? That's for the cartoon watching Chicas
So the whores can watch themselves on TV, when I'm filming/banging them. :)

Wireless Internet? What the hell are you bringing you're laptop for??
a) I take over 200 photos a day. My 256MB card maxes out rather quickly, so I need a way to transfer the photos.
b) Work
c) I burn music if my CDs get damaged or destroyed
d) I burn my photos on CD to have them digitally produced, while I'm there
e) I have a very large collection of adult films on my laptop that I like to look at when I'm banging whores

Fridge? OK to keep the Beers and the Water Cold
Bingo! I also like ice cream when it's hot. Also, I like to take whip cream and spread it over the ... of a girl then lick it off :)

Pool?? You are no further than 3 blocks from the biggest damn swimming pool in DR
I'm shy and prefer to skinny dip w/ whores in a hotel pool.

Free Breakfast? It will just spoil your alcoholic appetite
I didn't mention breakfast.

The hotel needs a bed and a door $10, the rest is fluff
What does your home look like???? :)

-Helpmann

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Nice Job... I Think...??

Berzin said:
It was I who was too lazy to do a search. Now I have ALL of this great info for my next trip!!! They don't call you Helpman for nothing!!!! ;)
Well, if you are CubanoCFO, nice job, you had me.

If you are truly going to be there sometime soon, send me a PM. I have plans to be there sometime soon as well. Perhaps we can get a drink.

-Helpmann :)

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
helpmann said:
What does your home look like???? :)

-Helpmann
My home has all of the above and much more :nervous:
But I am an american and accustomed to be carried around on Pillows

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Why So Little??

Ricardo900 said:
My home has all of the above and much morePillows
Then why do you settle for such extremely cheap accommodations when you travel to the DR??

-Helpmann