Open Letter To Some Moderators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Take it easy. This is not so serious.

Some (NOTE: SOME)of you guys are taking your "jobs" too seriously and in some cases, your biased "opinions" when closing a thread, is showing all over the place. I am ALL for you guys and I, and many others, see that in most parts, you do your "jobs" pretty well.

I believe that sometimes (NOTE: SOMETIMES) you guys get way too involved on a thread and then make up your minds to close them when some of us do not see or agree with your views. Then the "it's not going anywhere" or "it was closed because it ran it course" comment comes along. More often than not we don't even get an explanation as to why it was closed.

The main reason for this is because my thread, on Mens/Women, "Dominican Style Love" was closed even without an open explanation. I really can not care less if it was closed, but it was a thread that within 1 day and a half had over 102 posts and over 2,000 views (MORE ON THIS). That means that it was a "alive thread". It was such a "alive" thread that even after it was closed, more than 600 posters have viewed it. It had to do with a big problem that exists in the DR. It had warnings all over but the moderator thought that it was a gossip and judgemental thread. Lord, the "Sankie Forum" is just that: gossip and judgement!!!!!.

What really "gets to me" is the fact that there are so many threads, like "Tengo mi camisa negra" that has NOTHING to do with the DR or Mens/Women's own "What's Hot, What's Not" that was posted back in June 2004 and got 6 posts, are still open.

I know that this one WILL be closed also but at least do not forget that this is a web site and SO many of you guys are doing a great job and you should try and listen when some of us are just trying to tell you guys something. Let some of us voice our opinions. Being "trigger happy" is not being very objective. In the long run, you WILL always win, whether we agree with you or not, but at least let some of us tell you, just like you, when some of you are doing something that we think is wrong. I know, your job is for free but try and have the same patience with someone that you don't know as you have with someone you do.

I asked around and I DID received many PM's from people telling me such things: (Btw, I asked their permissions to quote them but I will not write their names since they were PM's):

"Your thread wa the best thread in a while. At the pace it was going, it would have broken records. Definetely closed too soon". Or

"Let the people voice their opinions. SOME moderator are trying to use this as their "soap opera". I have had a number of posts deleted without an explanation". Or

"Maybe we should refrain from posting and let moderators be the only ones to post, then we'll see how many people would visit this site". Or

"I'd like to know what are the criteria to do these things, dedit/delete/close these threads. Threads WILL DIE on their own and those who have had enough don't need to keep clicking. They should at leat explain their actions and try and be more consistent". Or

"I think it is a moderator "job" to be objective otherwise they will need moderators to moderate the moderators". Or the best one:

"how about an open letter to all moderators and we can chime in on how we feel".

This is not an attack whatsoever. I think that ALL of you are doing a fantastic job but sometimes your "visions" are clouded. We have people afraid to open threads for fear of not given a chance to voice their opinions. We have people opening threads just for the purpose of wanting a moderator to close it and we have posters wanting to follow up on a thread to see that it was closed. Example: I wanted to follow up on my thread in the General Stuff forum, "AZB and Miguel's Gayfest2005", just to tell the few people that got together that the pics were posted and to my surprise it was closed. I mean, there are hundreds of get-together threads that are as old as me and they are still open. Selective in closing threads?. I guess so. There are threads on how to say "quiero ir al bano" that are still open for God's Sake!!!!!. And don't we just "love" those bachatas and bachateros threads. My point is that there are threads that many of us consider stupid or a waste of time but since we are on a "freedom" site, who cares if we don't agree with them. As a poster so intelligently put it "threads will die on their own".

I know that this is a waste of typing. But, moderators, remember what this poster said: "Let the people voice their opinions".

Again, not attacking anybody, since to me, this is the 3rd best site that I have ever visited, just letting you guys know how some of us feel.

My only regret is that I can not post this on Keith R's Enviroment Forum. Even on his forum, people disagree and I saw that he rarely closes a thread.

Ps: as many of us love to say: "this is just a web site, don't take things so
seriously". Now, why dome of you guys put it to use.

W.L.1.D.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thanks for your input.

Feedback is always appreciated, good or bad.
We do act on feedback, if we feel we need to.
At the end of the day, that's what keeps us moving forward.

Right now the moderators are doing a fantastic job and we have no plans to make any changes.

Thanks again!

Robert.

Status
Not open for further replies.