a job in the dr

dac4dc

May 12, 2005
i will be going to the dominican republic and plan on staying there for a while. i would like to have some kind of job while i'm there so if anyone has any info or know of any jobs available to an american over there it would be appreciated

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dac4dc said:
i will be going to the dominican republic and plan on staying there for a while. i would like to have some kind of job while i'm there so if anyone has any info or know of any jobs available to an american over there it would be appreciated

What are your qualifications? Speak Spanish? Pay very low here compared to US.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
dac4dc said:

Americall Group, an American run call center, located in Puerto Plata Zona Franca is hiring bilingual representitives. Occasionally English only reps. are needed. Wages are salary plus commission and range from RD$10,000 to RD$20,000 per month dependng on the skill of the rep. Transportation is provided from Santiago.
E-Mail me if you have any questions or want an interview at dradmin@americallgroup.com

dac4dc

May 12, 2005
thank you for the replies so far. i have managed restaurants and have mainly worked in the customer service industry but by far i'm not limited to just those things. the only downside is that i only have a high school education but feel that i'm very educated with all my life experiences and travels and can handle almost anything. i also do speak spanish so the language is not a problem. thanks again for the information i have recieved.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You need to go there and get the feel of the place - and do not be surprised if the best you can get is less than $500 US a month (if that) and it ain't that cheap to live there.

How many times have you visited the DR already? If less than one you are putting the cart ahead of the horse.

dac4dc

May 12, 2005
maybe so i just might be putting the cart ahead of the horse but wheres the excitement in life if you just don't go for it every once in a while.

milosh

Nov 9, 2004
best way is to seek a job once in DR.

having highschool only is not problem... noone looks for degree much... experience is what does matter.

since you speak spanish and are adventurous sort of guy you'd go well.