Help needed!!!!

Rick

Feb 21, 2002
Can someone help me with a little info concerning cell phones in the DR? I am trying to find what frequency the cell phones are opperated, or can I bring uncapped cell phones with me? Thanks for any information you can offer.

Rick in Virginia

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Do a search - other than 'who's your sankie?" this is #2 on the hit list of common questions. Most people figure out if you need a phone for more than a few calls which are cheaper to do from a phone office, you can buy a new phone for so little you just do that and use it with cards. Then take it home or give it as a present to someone- you are loking as little as $30.

There is CDMA with Verizon and GSM with Orange. If you are thinking of a get rich quick scheme with bringing in old US phones to resell don't get your hopes up in a world of new $30 phones.

Jun 5, 2004
Rick said:
Can someone help me with a little info concerning cell phones in the DR? I am trying to find what frequency the cell phones are opperated, or can I bring uncapped cell phones with me? Thanks for any information you can offer.

Rick in Virginia

Try Orange.com.do and verizon.com.do I personally would prefer Orange since it has GSM and it has SLIGHTY lower prices.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Orange uses GSM phones while Verizon, tricom and centennial use PCS digital CDMA phones. Sprint PCS digital works great. My buddy miguel brought me a kyocera kx414 digital verizon phone (CDMA) and I had it unlocked and programed with verizon software for 100 pesos. All work was done in 5 minutes in a verizon authorized cell phone shop.
Good luck
AZB