bus Santiago airport to Sosua

bozorboso

May 16, 2005
hi, I'm traveling to Sosua in June, and flying into Santiago. I'm looking for the best and cheapest way to get to Sosua from the airport. I've heard about Caribe tours......how much is this (in US$, preferably), can you pay in US$, does the bus leave straight from the airport, etc. thanks for your help!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
bozorboso said:
hi, I'm traveling to Sosua in June, and flying into Santiago. I'm looking for the best and cheapest way to get to Sosua from the airport. I've heard about Caribe tours......how much is this (in US$, preferably), can you pay in US$, does the bus leave straight from the airport, etc. thanks for your help!
If you don't want to walk or take a moto-concho :tired:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40076

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here is what you do

Know that there is no public transportation from the airport anywhere!
Change money at one of the banks at the airport, so you can pay in pesos.
Now, you take a cab, $450.00 (=/- $16 or $17) into Santiago.

Tell him "Caribe Tour, Los 'Hardeenes' " (Los Jardines, if you want to write it down, but he may not know how to read!!)

Buy a ticket to Sos?a for about $80 pesos or $3.00

There are buses throughout the day to Sos?a, but the last one leaves inthe early evening.FYI, buses leave every hour from 8:15 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. So you shouldn't have too long a wait.

HB :p:p

bozorboso

May 16, 2005
thanks!

thanks, both of you! in leiu of the motoconchos, do they have any sort of storage unit on them, to put any luggage in? also, is it required to pay in pesos?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"Change money at one of the banks at the airport, so you can pay in pesos."

Why look for trouble. You have straight forward, honest places at the airport. Change the money there.

Caribe Toru buses are huge liners with tons of capacity for your bags.

HB