Affidavant of support when applying for the K-3

cbarrin

Feb 1, 2005
I"m concerned about when it's time to apply for the affidivant of support for my husband....we will marry in Aug. and we're goin to apply for the k-3 visa...the problem is I just graduated from school and have not been at my job long...now, I'm making the 125% requirement...but because I'm young and just starting out, I don't have assests, deeds, titles and all of that good stuff...but since I'm making the income level will there be a problem...my questions are...

1. what exactly do they ask for....

2. if my situation is a problem, what are some alternatives and how do I go about doing it...

thank you

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I don't remember all the requirements, but I'm pretty sure the affidavit states that you are employed, and intend to support your husband. Supporting documentation includes a letter from your employer and your tax returns.
In the past, I often saw an actual offer of employment for the immigrant.
Good luck with your application.
mkohn

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
cbarrin said:
I"m concerned about when it's time to apply for the affidivant of support for my husband....we will marry in Aug. and we're goin to apply for the k-3 visa...the problem is I just graduated from school and have not been at my job long...now, I'm making the 125% requirement...but because I'm young and just starting out, I don't have assests, deeds, titles and all of that good stuff...but since I'm making the income level will there be a problem...my questions are...

1. what exactly do they ask for....

2. if my situation is a problem, what are some alternatives and how do I go about doing it...

thank you
Search the board. This subject has been discussed many times; as recent as last week. My advice, which no one takes, has always been to consult with a reliable immigration lawyer.

Good luck with the application and the marriage!