Transportation from the Airport

sweetpea99

May 11, 2005
I will be arriving into Santo Domingo in 2 weeks. I am a single lady traveling alone. I was planning on taking a taxi from the airport to the guagua parada. I am going to San Jose de Ocoa. I lived in DR or six months last year. But do you think that this plan would be dangerous for me? And if I do take a taxi to the parada to Ocoa, how much should that cost. Because I know they will try to charge me too much. Any suggestions that you can give I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much for your help.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Probably because nobody knows where the "Parada de guaguas" for San Jos? de Ocao are!

I think that if you can tell the driver precisely where the parada de guaguas is (not guaguas parada!!) he will quote you a price. This you can compare to the prices listed there at the airport for travel into town. Too high, you diddle a bit, or just walk away. Ask another one.

I would say that it is safe and also recommend that you exchange some money there at the airport so you are not flashing US currency around.

Should be no problem.

If you are friendly with your fellow passengers on the plane you might get a offer for a lift into town. This happens a lot.

HB :D:D