Haiti is not DR's Responsibility

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Why is the international community so concerned about the Haitians being deported? I dont see them loading them up in a plane to take them to their countries. Why do they seems to think that Haiti is our responsibility and seems to ignore all the Dominicans that die at the hands of haitians as well as all the motoconchos, boats and bandits businesses and hold ups they do?
These people that die by Haitians are humans but the international community dont see them as humans.

Haiti urges stop to repatriations
Prime Minister Gerard Latortue of Haiti urged a truce from the Dominican government to stop repatriations of Haitian nationals to avoid worsening the social and political crisis in Haiti. The request was made through the Dominican Embassy in Haiti. The reported death of a Dominican woman and serious injury of her husband in Hatillo Palma, Monte Cristi on top of recent theft of outboard motors of Dominican fishermen at sea to the hands of Haitian bandits seems to have been the drop of water that overflowed the glass and dozens of Dominicans have invoked other past criminal instances involving Haitians, stirring anti-Haitian sentiments among some border communities. To avoid violence, Dominican authorities have chosen to repatriate Haitians. Other reports indicate that hundreds of Haitians have left voluntarily.
Hoy newspaper's Que se Dice column alerts that the international press is about to champion the cause of the Haitians. "And we will again become the bad guys of this very bad movie. But until when?"
Meanwhile, Orlando Gil, the political commentator for the Listin Diario, also mentions the strong international lobby in favor of Haitian migration to the DR. He complains that for the international community, the assaulted couple were not humans.
He writes that it is "evident that the Haitians have better defense mechanisms, are organized and have speakers abroad that with the minimum signal will magnify their voices." In turn, he laments that while "the cry of the Haitians is universal, Dominicans have to put our tails between their legs and have fear even in our own country."
He highlights the recent defense of Haitian migration to the DR made by Alexander Justh of the Haitian Democratic Party who challenged Dominicans with a "It's enough. We have to tell the Haitians that we are united and not willing to bear more runs over with our fellow men," according to an EFE press wire. Orlando Gil points out that everyone knows the situation in Haiti, and how the population is run over by the government, occupation forces and politicians. "Nevertheless, Justh is daring here, and not there, and his wrath is against Dominicans and not the establishment in his country." What he says is worse is that Dominicans tolerate this lack of respect.
Over the years, Dominican authorities have been extremely lax over border control giving way to an estimated population of one million Haitians in the DR, most illegal and not bearing legal identification.
DR1 News.

The international community can kiss my ........

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Why is the international community so concerned about the Haitians being deported?

The international community can kiss my ........
Who the hell is the international community, Russia, US, Brazil?? I have not heard any comments from the UN, there is no mention of it here in the Good Ole' USofA.

Hoy newspaper's Que se Dice column alerts that the international press is about to champion the cause of the Haitians. "And we will again become the bad guys of this very bad movie. But until when?"
Spook tactics, to stir up the natives.
When you guys are ready to curb the amount of illegal haitians entering the DR, let me know.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Have a "DEAL" For You "Mr.DR"!!!!!!!

The Dominican Republic can send all the Haitians living here illegally back to Haiti,if the USA and all the other countries around the World can send all the illegal Dominicans back to the DR!!!??????The numbers are about the same,1 million or so.Explain why it is OK for the Dominicans to live in another country illegally,but not for the Haitians? You argument lacks merrit!!!

As for the "International Community" you speak of,they "might" know a little about Haiti,like that it is "an island" in the Carribean.But they have no idea about the Dominican Republic,and would never know that it shares an island with it's Haitian brothers and sisters!!!! Face it,the DR is a Third World Banana Republic with all the "Benefits" and problems that implies!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DRsScarface

Feb 26, 2004
Criss

There are probably thousands of illegal Dominican in the USA. But please don't exaggerate, there are not 1 million illegal Dominicans in the U.S. There is no way that out of the 1million Dominicans in the US they are msotly illegal. Ever heard of visas. Believe it or not, most of the dominicans here 75%+ are here LEGALLY.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
What?

75% of Dominicans cant even get a visa to go to another L. American country so what makes you think these people can get a visa to the good OL US of A....

Where are you getting these numbers from...Nals...

And where is the proof that it was actually haitians that killed that couple..did they try them in court or have an investigation...C'mon....besides, last week some dominican thugs lucky to be in Spain killed an innocent spaniard and the spaniards retaliated by beating the hell out of dominicans..your chickens are coming home to roost...

DRsScarface said:
There are probably thousands of illegal Dominican in the USA. But please don't exaggerate, there are not 1 million illegal Dominicans in the U.S. There is no way that out of the 1million Dominicans in the US they are msotly illegal. Ever heard of visas. Believe it or not, most of the dominicans here 75%+ are here LEGALLY.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"DRsScarface" Found With "Egg" On His Face!!!!

Please take the time to go back and reread my post a little more carefully!I posted,"The USA and all the OTHER COUNTRIES around the World!!!" Have about 1 million illegal Dominicans.NOT just the USA! However the "estimated" number of illegal Dominicans in New York is 400,000 to 500,000.In Massachusetts it's 50,000 to 100,000. Add in Conn. Rhode Island and Florida,and Panama,Venezuela,Curacao,Europe, and I would be willing to bet it's closer to 1 million than to 500,000.Point is NOT the exact number of Dominicans living illegally in foreign countries,but the "Double Standard" applied by most Dominicans to the illegal Haitians living here!!!..It can't be "OK" for Dominicans to live abroad illegally and at the same time "An Outrage" to have Haitians living here illegally!!!
Even you must see that argument!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
DRsScarface said:
As of 1996 there were about 50,000 Dominicans in the US illegally vs. 120,000 illegal Canadians. Go figure, there were more Canadians here illegally than Haitians in 1996.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/aboutus/statistics/illegalalien/#Table1

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Criss Colon said:
Please take the time to go back and reread my post a little more carefully!I posted,"The USA and all the OTHER COUNTRIES around the World!!!" Have about 1 million illegal Dominicans.NOT just the USA! However the "estimated" number of illegal Dominicans in New York is 400,000 to 500,000.In Massachusetts it's 50,000 to 100,000. Add in Conn. Rhode Island and Florida,and Panama,Venezuela,Curacao,Europe, and I would be willing to bet it's closer to 1 million than to 500,000.Point is NOT the exact number of Dominicans living illegally in foreign countries,but the "Double Standard" applied by most Dominicans to the illegal Haitians living here!!!..It can't be "OK" for Dominicans to live abroad illegally and at the same time "An Outrage" to have Haitians living here illegally!!!
Even you must see that argument!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
While I agree with your point of view regarding the double standard, I would like to know where you came up with your estimates of illegal Dominicans in the US. They seems kind of high.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
There are alot of illegal dominicans, in the USA...for every legal one there is 4 illegal ones. But that's not the point CC was trying to make...I believe he was referring to the double standard.

Now, I am 100% haitian and very proud but I'll be the 1st to admit that the haitian gov't needs to do more for its poor people. I used to go to DR with no problem just for the weekend and of course I had my papers correct. But dominicans dont realize that they are contributing to poor haitians migrating to the DR getting crums off a plate that is not even a full course to begin with...Do think these poor haitians want to be in the DR...of course not..most plan to go back to haiti but reality hits that they are worse off than b4 coming to DR and just stay or travel to some other island..just like dominicans do in Puerto Rico...

If you believe a dominican all them are from ST. Dgo. and have their Masters..but you know it not the truth.....So yes DR is better than Haiti economically and that's why people migrate in the first place..to provide a better life 4 themselves in family..

Now imagine having to move to DR another poor country to provide for your love ones...sure is desperate.........

rellosk said:
While I agree with your point of view regarding the double standard, I would like to know where you came up with your estimates of illegal Dominicans in the US. They seems kind of high.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
There are alot of illegal dominicans, in the USA...for every legal one there is 4 illegal ones. But that's not the point CC was trying to make...I believe he was referring to the double standard.

Now, I am 100% haitian and very proud but I'll be the 1st to admit that the haitian gov't needs to do more for its poor people. I used to go to DR with no problem just for the weekend and of course I had my papers correct. But dominicans dont realize that they are contributing to poor haitians migrating to the DR getting crums off a plate that is not even a full course to begin with...Do think these poor haitians want to be in the DR...of course not..most plan to go back to haiti but reality hits that they are worse off than b4 coming to DR and just stay or travel to some other island..just like dominicans do in Puerto Rico...

If you believe a dominican all them are from well to do families and are from La Capital and have their Masters..but you know it's not the truth.....So yes DR is better than Haiti economically and that's why people migrate in the first place..to provide a better life 4 themselves and family..

Now imagine having to move to DR another poor country to provide for your love ones...That's insane or desperate.........[/QUOTE]

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I'm going to quote Pib here:

Did you know that 75% of all statistics are made up on the spot? Where is everyone getting their numbers? (other than rellosk, who made a point of giving us a reference)

If I had to guess, I'd say CCCcccc's numbers are probably pretty accurate of 1 million around the world, because there has to be a huge # of Dominicans living illegally in Puerto Rico.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Quisqueya said:
It was pretty clear that I agreed with CC's statement about the double standard. I was only asking where he came up with his statistics. Now I will ask you the same question. Where did you come up with your 4 to 1 ratio? When someone throws out unsubstantiated "facts" it severely dilutes any point they are trying to make.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Why borders? R we not citizens of the world?

Does it really make a difference as to how accurate are those stats...
Even if they where 200K or 100k... Obviously there is a substancial amount of illegal Dominicain in the world...Should they deport all of them back to there country once a few of them commit a crime ???
Haiti is has much as the Dr 's problem as Mexico is the US's problem. Look at Europe, they opened up there borders and united. There are becoming stronger and stronger, regardless that some countries are economically stronger then others... Separation as been around since the beginning of the world and does not seem to be the answer , we need to come up with more innovative solutions...

Dominican Tony

Feb 16, 2004
Ummm next....

It's been a while since i've posted anything in these forums, didn't post much to begin with. I rather sit back and read all this "you attack me, i attack you" non-sense; moreover one can only laugh at the exaggeration used at times just to get a point across or simply because that individual doesn't want to be proven wrong :tired: It's quite amusing at times especially when one looks at the previous posts some of these members have posted throughout the forum, same stuff as a reply just re-frased around if i may (how many times one has to repeat he/she is 100% anything, i'm more then sure most members know such thing already).

Pero ya que estamos en un website dedicado a nuestra bella Republica Dominicana, saludos a mis hermanos Dominicanos del pueblo de mis padres San Jose de Las Matas y todo el pais, arriba de todo somos Dominicanos sin importar en cual rincon del mundo estemos y cada dia somos mas reconocidos en nuevos medios. ;)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
iluvdr said:
Does it really make a difference as to how accurate are those stats...
Of course statistics matter, especially when one is using them to back up their point. It's easy to win a debate if you can make up the facts.
iluvdr said:
Haiti is has much as the Dr 's problem as Mexico is the US's problem.
I agree. Here is link to another thread where the poster says much the same:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=294690&postcount=12
iluvdr said:
Look at Europe, they opened up there borders and united.
Not even close. They only opened up their borders to those countries that they felt were their economic near-equals. Countries like Germany are trying to throw out their non-Western European immigrants.
iluvdr said:
Separation as been around since the beginning of the world and does not seem to be the answer , we need to come up with more innovative solutions...
On this I agree with you fully.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Not even close. They only opened up their borders to those countries that they felt were their economic near-equals. Countries like Germany are trying to throw out their non-Western European immigrants. On this I agree with you fully.

I don't think Romania and Bulgaria are even remotely close economically to France or Spain....

Apr 26, 2002
rellosk said:
As of 1996 there were about 50,000 Dominicans in the US illegally vs. 120,000 illegal Canadians. Go figure, there were more Canadians here illegally than Haitians in 1996.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/aboutus/statistics/illegalalien/#Table1
Reference again is made to Pib's comments about statistics. USCIS would have us believe that there are 50,000 illegal DOminicans (from the DR) and 35,000 illegal DomInicans (from the tiny island of DominIca). Does that sound right to anyone???

Casual familiarity with Washington Heights shows that the great majority of Dominicans are in the US legally. Still, I suspect that many more than 50,000 are here illegally, especially, as was mentioned, if you count Puerto Rico.

DRsScarface

Feb 26, 2004
True

Porfirio is Correct. Just go to washington heights and other large DR communities and ask the avergae person to show you his or her Domcuments ans he or she will do it with no problem. Criss, 500,000 illegal Dominicans in the U.S. is too high of a #, there is no way that 1/2 of the Dominicans in the U.S. are illegal when you know that is niot true. And to answer your question about should illegal Dominicans in other countries be deported back to DR...the answer is YES. Illegal immingration is wrong no matter who is doing it. Why should people be able to cross a border and stay in a country illegally when there are others in their home countries waiting FOR YEARS. It's just not fair to LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. The thing is that when a country allows immigrants in their country legally, they know more or less how much crime they will have to deal with because of these immigrants, how many schools and hospitals will have to be built for these people and how many jobs they will fill up. When immigrants are illegal it's a completely different story because those things don't happen and don't forget about the whole "National Security" story. To tell yo the truth, illegal immigrants give legal immigrants a bad name. Remember .....LEGAL immigration=Good......ILLEGAL immigration=Bad

Quisqueya, Do you actually belive the whole 1/4 ration. That is just rediculous and plain old lying to prove a point. Please show me proof(an up to date source) of the 1/4 ratio.