Star Wars in Santo Domingo?

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Is Star Wars: Episode III playing in any theatres in Santo Domingo this weekend?

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
helpmann said:
Is Star Wars: Episode III playing in any theatres in Santo Domingo this weekend?

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

I don't see it in any of the local papers.
I guess it's going to take a few weeks.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We get a midnight movie tonight in Guelph. I'll let you know tomorrow what made darth vader turn to the dark side. :laugh:

Ok that was mean. I wouldn't do that. ;)

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I arrived in the DR on May 20, 1999, and didn't want to deal with the campers and long lines to see episode 4, which came out 1 day before.

It took more than a year for episode 4 to hit theaters here, and by then it was dubbed in spanish.

Episode 5 came out only a few months after the US/international release, and the theater in Plaza International had an english language subtitled version and a spanish version to choose from.

I have been told the delays vary depending on what distributor the local theaters are contracting with and what kind of relationships they have with the studio that owns the movie. I imagine the prints get cheaper to lease over time so delays would tend to favor the profitability of the local theaters.

So unless the distribution companies come up with a real good deal we will be waiting anywhere from 2-14 months for the DR theatrical release. (occasionally the DVD release is quicker)

If anyone is real impatient there is always P2P networking for those who like to watch movies filmed inside a theater with jittery camcorders in horrible resolution with terrible audio just to get a vague idea what happens.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Which Mall?

MrMike said:
(Later the same day)

Just went by the mall and saw that it was indeed playing, didn't ask what language. I guess my above post can be disregarded.
Which Mall were you at??

-Helpmann :cool:

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Just saw an ad that Diamond Mall in Santo Domingo had the Premier of Star Wars (May 16th), so I guess they have it playing there!

faer

Jan 6, 2005
Star Wars , Episode III in sto domingo

on screen at:

Palacio del Cine Bella Vista Mall
sala 1 ..thu-sun 18:30/21:30; mon-wed 20:30
sala 2 .. thu-sun 20:30; mon-wed 20:15

Acropolis
sala 3 ...mon-sun 19:00/21:45
sala 5 ...mon-sun 18:30/21:15

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Has anyone been to the movie theater in MegaCentro? Is it nicer/bigger than the Acropolis or Diamond Mall movie theaters?

Im looking for the biggest theater with the best sound system in the city...

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Been But Never the Others??

NV_ said:
Has anyone been to the movie theater in MegaCentro? Is it nicer/bigger than the Acropolis or Diamond Mall movie theaters?

Im looking for the biggest theater with the best sound system in the city...
Megacentro is good theatre. I have only been there and the Palacio (Venezuela.)

-Helpmann

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Asi Asi...

I saw it last night at Megacentro. I can't believe it's in Spanish already.

-Helpmann