Translate this!

principe

Nov 19, 2002
OK two things that i still have no idea how to say in english are golondrina, and arenque. Golondrina is that annoying pain under a person's arm pit due to i think the emflammed glands, no clue how to say that in english.
Arenque love to eat it especially moro, but dont know how to say it in english.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Arenque is herring.

According to my dictionary, "golondrino" is a medical term for a tumor under the armpit.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
principe said:

One last thing if it is 'moro' it is vegetables only! (rice, beans, corn, peas, habas...etc) When the rice is made together with meat, fish or seafood, in one pot, it is called 'Locrio'. Yummy! Now I'm Hungry. If the rice has meat, fish or seafood and is soupy, it is called 'que rico' errm I mean 'Asopao'. I just love this soupy rice! Especially when it is made with shrimps. It's a bit softer and more wet than Risotto. Delicious! Have you ever eaten Locrio del trigo y arenque? Oh, so tasty...my mouth just waters! Accompanied by a 'batida de guanabana'. To die for! I'm so hungry now.

NotLurking

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Well!

principe said:
OK two things that i still have no idea how to say in english are golondrina, and arenque. Golondrina is that annoying pain under a person's arm pit due to i think the emflammed glands, no clue how to say that in english.
I remember when I was a little lad in the DR, 200 years ago, we used to go to the "monte" to catch\kill some golondrinas to do a "cocinao". I believe that the birds that we were hunting were called golondrinas.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
La Profe_1 said:
Arenque is herring.

According to my dictionary, "golondrino" is a medical term for a tumor under the armpit.

To what Dominican calls golondrino I think it is called "an abcess or boil under the armpits" in english.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Arenque" is Herring.

In the DR "Arenque" usually just means "Smoked Herring".It can be "Filete",no bones,or "con hueso",with bones.It is also sold "fresh" at the supermarkets from time to time.
Don't ever come home drunk at 4 or 5 am to find a cold pot of "Locrio de Arenque" on the stove.You might just eat it all!!!!!!I know I do!
CCCCCCCCCCC

principe

Nov 19, 2002
not lurking thanx for the correction locrio es lo que quiero yo, me hace mucha falta aqui en los nueva yores off to find a good recipe yeeeha