should i fly into punta cana or fly into santa domingo and go with taxi

jajaofopobo

May 19, 2005
hello all,

I will be going to Punta Cana in July and the tickets are cheaper to santa domingo. should i fly into punta cana directly or fly into santa domingo and go with taxi.

how much is the taxi?
how far is it in hours and miles?
is it safe?

jajaofopobo

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Fly Into Punta Cana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is at least 3 hours,the taxi will want 200 dollars,the roads are dangerous,is that enough???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Go directly to Punta Cana. What you save on the flight to Santo Domingo you will spend in less than 3 hours when going from there to Punta Cana. ;)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
ricktoronto said:
You can only fly to "Santa" Domingo during navidad.

Since when is Navidad in July??? ;)
It was funny, but give the op a break, names can be difficult... Santa, santo.. we are used, visitors are not..

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2004
carina said:
Since when is Navidad in July??? ;)
It was funny, but give the op a break, names can be difficult... Santa, santo.. we are used, visitors are not..

PUNTA CANA UNLESS YOU ARE GETTING A FREE RIDE FROM SANTO DOMINGO TO PUNTA CANA

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
is it safe?

It is about US$90 for up to four persons to travel by taxi from SDQ to the Punta Cana area. Travel time from the airport is about 2? - 3 hrs depending on the experience and knowledge of the taxi driver. The distance is about 110 miles. Note: All taxi drivers will tell you they know the area, even if they don't.

If a SDQ flight arrives at such a time in the PM that one could reasonably expect to be arriving in P.C. after dark by taxi it is wiser to select a flight direct to Punta Cana. During the daylight the roads are dangerous, after dark they are deadly. Sunset for July 15 is 7:14 pm

Regards,
PJT

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
ricktoronto said:
A true mind bender spelling a five letter word, I agree.

Yes.. it?s hard... it has to be, as we see it all the time.. Santa Domingo,
Puerta Plata, Puerta Plato, Playa Dorado... :cross-eye