Job Hunting

BluKris

May 19, 2005
I'm looking to relocate to the Dominican Republic(I've lived in PTO before) and looking to find a job before moving over.I'm interested in the computer field,even though i currently don't have any on-the-job experience, just some computer course under my belt.
I do have plenty of customer service exp and flexiable to work in Puerto Plata,Santiago or Santo Domingo.
I've been doing a lot of reseach but could sure use some help.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Stay away from airport jobs as PTO is the abbreviation for Pato Branco Brazil. Good-bye suitcases.

Also hello to US$200 a month for wages.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Stay away from airport jobs as PTO is the abbreviation for Pato Branco Brazil. Good-bye suitcases.

.. and US$300-up for an apartment/studio a month....

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Seriously, if you have desided to live here;

- Do your homework on the country, culture, language.
- Have savings to cover up the first months of your stay.
- Search for work here, and be prepared to low salaries or even commissionbased only, depending on work.
- Don?t expect to have an employment before coming here.

;)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I can tell you from hiring these types that a few computer courses and no experience equals no way Jose as to hiring VB and SQL programmers.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
ricktoronto said:
I can tell you from hiring these types that a few computer courses and no experience equals no way Jose as to hiring VB and SQL programmers.

This is so true both here in DR and in the states.

NotLurking

BluKris

May 19, 2005
Thanks for your well thoughtout reply

ricktoronto said:

PTO is the city code,but regardless of that you were still able to understand-smart cookie. ;)