New Blog - Carina

Nov 5, 2004
Was reading through it quickly on my lunch break. Looks great. Will have to read it properly when I get home!

A question for Robert: I am moving down to the DR for a few months at least, and want to be able to share my stories, everyday events and pictures with my family in Canada and friends around the world. Preferably on a some sort of webpage so it will be up there for everyone to see. Would I be able to start a blog for this? I won't be writting everyday...and not necessarily writting ALOT...I might have more pictures then stories to tell. Would starting a blog be appropriate for this?

Thanks! :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
PeachezNcream84 said:
Was reading through it quickly on my lunch break. Looks great. Will have to read it properly when I get home!

A question for Robert: I am moving down to the DR for a few months at least, and want to be able to share my stories, everyday events and pictures with my family in Canada and friends around the world. Preferably on a some sort of webpage so it will be up there for everyone to see. Would I be able to start a blog for this? I won't be writting everyday...and not necessarily writting ALOT...I might have more pictures then stories to tell. Would starting a blog be appropriate for this?

Thanks! :)

Yes, no problem.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Welcome on board - I particularly like the historical research ones. More please!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I added some pics to some of the stories.. will try not be be "lazy" with that in the future! ;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Nice, indeed!!

I must say, Carina, I am not a "bloggie" fan or reader but I must admit that I like yours very much.

It's refreshing and it's not all about you, you and more you.

Any chance that your can post a pic of the "time bomb", you know the guy with a propane gas tank on the back of his motor?. Hehe.

Or one of a motorconcho with 5 passangers?. Hehe

Or better yet, a limpiabotas "working" on a customer with one hand and using the other hand to talk on his cell phone?. :eek:

Anyways, nice, very nice indeed!.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
miguel said:
I must say, Carina, I am not a "bloggie" fan or reader but I must admit that I like yours very much.

It's refreshing and it's not all about you, you and more you.

Any chance that your can post a pic of the "time bomb", you know the guy with a propane gas tank on the back of his motor?. Hehe.

Or one of a motorconcho with 5 passangers?. Hehe

Or better yet, a limpiabotas "working" on a customer with one hand and using the other hand to talk on his cell phone?. :eek:

Anyways, nice, very nice indeed!.

Gracias Miquel!
I do this blog for a few reasons, and none is really about me;

1) I get daily emails from people wanting to live here, to move here or to visit, they want to chat with me and exchange thoughts about life here and so on. I don?t have time for this, I have my own life to live, but still want to share and assist if I can. The blog is a way of sharing my thoughts with each and every one at the same time.

2) For people wanting to move here, asking about this & that, prices, life etc, I think the day to day blog is a great way of sharing the daily life, things that occur here, and that others might learn from.

3) I love to write.

Maybe a picture will show up every now and then, but I don?t want to be a photoalbum nor a touristdesitination page. I want to leave something for each and everyone to imagine as they see it, and let the words speak instead.
Plenty of other bloggers offers pictures, clipart and so on.
I?ll just write my stories instead. ;)

Blog is here

Last edited:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Malibook said:
Chibergue 45 pesos
Cheeseburger?

Ekiboyd 760 pesos
Skateboard?
Keyboard?

Darn Mali, you?re good!
Cheesburger and Skateboard, of course, claro!

When you come next time I?ll take you to the new bakery on Calle Beller, today the sold chikei there... ;)