opportunities for MD trained in the US

sherrysak

Apr 4, 2005
Hi There--
I Am Currently Living In Nyc And Finishing My Residency Training In Pediatrics. I Will Be Moving Down To Santo Domingo Soon To Join My Husband Who Lives There. I Was Wondering What I Need To Do To Be Able To Practice In The Dr. Any Phone #'s Will Help. Also, Are There Any New Hospitals That Are Looking For Us Graduates? I Know There Was One Being Built In Naco. Also, Where Could I Get Information Regarding Possible Fellowships/ Teaching Positions At A University. Thanks In Advance.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If Hillybilly doesn't see your post and answer soon, find one of his and send him your questions by email or PM. He is the board's authority on matters related to medical practice, etc.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
MDs in the DR

By law, you are required to obtain a Dominican license to practice, called an "execuater" . In order for you to do this you must first
1) Find a Dominican University that will validate your medical studies in the US
2) Take a series of courses
3) And I believe you must do some public service attending, but of this I am not absolutely sure.

In addition, all of your paperwork must be iCertified by the local Dominican Consulate.

There are other things, but if you will send me either a PM or an email (Just click on my nickname) I'll put you in contact with a person that has been through the process.

HB :D

As for teaching, you should find work rather easily.