S.O.S. Need lawyer with political connections...

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Brought a business recently in the DR, in Santo Domingo.
I am being extorted and I feel that the lawyers that help me close the transaction can be part of the plot.
The former owner had some skeletons in the closet, this lawyer introduces me to a Lieutenant that had some pull and could make my problems disappear for the right price. Last week, they came and shut us down, for reasons that have nothing to do with me. Claming that the former owner still had thighs to the business.
The lieutenant that I paid off is the one that cracked down on me.
In most countries in the world, I would have gone thru the court system to clear this situation out. Unfortunately, I know now that things are done differently in the DR.
I stand to lose 7 figures in this transactions, I am desperate.
I am willing to pay what it takes. I need to find the right lawyer that's not going to extort me further and that knows the right people. This matter is rather delicate and needs and iron fist in a silk glove.
Need reputable lawyer with strong political thighs. Please help.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
iluvdr said:
I am being extorted and I feel that the lawyers that help me close the transaction can be part of the plot.
The former owner had some skeletons in the closet, this lawyer introduces me to a Lieutenant that had some pull and could make my problems disappear for the right price. Last week, they came and shut us down, for reasons that have nothing to do with me. Claming that the former owner still had thighs to the business.
In most countries in the world, I would have gone thru the court system to clear this situation out. Unfortunately, I know now that things are done differently in the DR.
I am willing to pay what it takes. I need to find the right lawyer that's not going to extort me further and that knows the right people. This matter is rather delicate and needs and iron fist in a silk glove.

You can call lawyer Graciela Ferm?n, she is politically active and have been a member of congress.

She is located in Torre Alta, Puerto Plata.
(809) 586-3340

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
carina said:
You can call lawyer Graciela Ferm?n, she is politically active and have been a member of congress.

She is located in Torre Alta, Puerto Plata.
(809) 586-3340

Thanks Carina,
Is the fact that this situation is going on in the SD and she is in Puerto plata a problem... Do you know if she speaks any English?
Thanks again.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
iluvdr said:
Thanks Carina,
Is the fact that this situation is going on in the SD and she is in Puerto plata a problem... Do you know if she speaks any English?
Thanks again.

She has good staff and for sure connections in Santo Domingo.
You can communicate with them in English.

Good lawyers, on a serious and high level here on the island, like Graciela or Fabio Guzman ( that gives legal advice on this messageboard ) work all over the island.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
carina said:
She has good staff and for sure connections in Santo Domingo.
You can communicate with them in English.

Good lawyers, on a serious and high level here on the island, like Graciela or Fabio Guzman ( that gives legal advice on this messageboard ) work all over the island.

I have heard of Mr. Guzman and I know he as a solid reputation, but understand here that this not a simple case of residency or adoption. I need more then just a good lawyer. This people are operating outside of the courts. I am sure if I pay them again I can re open my business, but they will be back with new charges in a couple of months. I realize I made a mistake in investing in this sort of business in the DR. All I wan't to do is sell and leave.
But for that I need to clean the slate first. I will give Mrs Fermin a call on monday. I truly appreciate the referral.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
iluvdr said:
I have heard of Mr. Guzman and I know he as a solid reputation, but understand here that this not a simple case of residency or adoption. I need more then just a good lawyer. This people are operating outside of the courts. I am sure if I pay them again I can re open my business, but they will be back with new charges in a couple of months. I realize I made a mistake in investing in this sort of business in the DR. All I wan't to do is sell and leave.
But for that I need to clean the slate first. I will give Mrs Fermin a call on monday. I truly appreciate the referral.

You won?t regret it. Many on this messageboard can give you references about her and her staff.
Call her, if you are on the island, set a meeting with her.
She is actually more in Santo Domingo than in Puerto Plata, so you might get lucky not having to travel.
You might want to PM AZB on this messageboard for example for references.

Last edited:

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Graciela's daughter.............

...........Amber speaks English very well. (Used to work for American Airlines) and is now a lawyer herself. Graciela speaks more English now than a few years ago, and she won't screw you...... She IS in Santo Domingo more than in Puerto Plata........

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I think your problems may stem from the fact that "OTHER" people won't pay 1000 dollars for a hooker without sex! A whore house without sex is a terrible business and you should have listened to me in the first place! I know you know more than me but I guess I was right!

Only kidding, two people put me up to that.

PM me for the email of a attorney in S.D. that may be able to help you.

Escott

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I know a person

iluvdr said:

I know a lawyer in Los Minas that not only has political "thighs" but also has political "mussel" (All DR1's let's not go there again we did this last month)
He has offices there and here in NY. If you're interested PM me.

JOHN