Aparthotels | Extended Stays

deejboram

Sep 15, 2004
Hello All,

I'm thinking about spending a couple months in the DR this winter late Dec - late Feb and am trying to figure out what I need to pay for rent. The city/area doesn't matter but I guess I could spend 1 month in SDQ and another month on the north coast (I really liked Samana | Limon Falls area). I'm really looking just to brush up on my spanish and learn a little salsa before I head off to South America. A female friend of mine studied abroad down the for most of 2003 and after her homestay ran out she said she got a room in the infamous "Hotel Mona Lisa". She said that she paid about $180-$200 per month for this (nothing major just a twin bed but they changed her linen everyday). I was wondering if I'd be able to find anything like this (price wise) in the DR today. But I'm not sure if I want to stay at the Mona Lisa with some of the stories she has told me. BTW, she said she had to be a translator for many a patron but the 'guards' wouldn't let her go into the basement. All in all, I'm just looking for a furnished room that's 'relatively safe' and clean.

Lastly, I used the serach feature but those posts are rather old and I think the XR was about 40:1 then. It is now about 28:1.

Thanks.

DJ.