Three Dominicans in Miss Universe

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
It will be televised her 30 May on Telemicro (channel 5 on Telecable Tricom). The actual competition is 31 May, but that is in Thailand. The time difference makes it 30 May here. We will post an update next week in daily news or travel news.

Nov 5, 2004
Wow. To look at either of them I would never guess them to be Dominican.
Very pretty of course, but if someone showed me the pictures and i didn't know..I would never have guessed it.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
In addition to Miss Italy and Miss DR, the Listin Diario reports that Miss Aruba, Luisana Cicilia is the daughter of a Dominican mother.

Lovelylocs

Mar 4, 2005
lol

PeachezNcream84 said:
Very pretty of course, but if someone showed me the pictures and i didn't know..I would never have guessed it.
LOL... why? b/c they are so light?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
rellosk said:
Boy that's an unusual combination.;)
Not as much as you might think. During my time living in the DR I met several Italian men married to Dominican women. And a couple of my wife's cousins are married to Italians & living in Italy.

Lovelylocs

Mar 4, 2005
Keith R said:
Not as much as you might think. During my time living in the DR I met several Italian men married to Dominican women. And a couple of my wife's cousins are married to Italians & living in Italy.
True. There are also a lot of German and Dutch immigrants/ tourists there.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Keith R said:

I'm thinking that he was being sarcastic.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
xamaicano said:
I'm thinking that he was being sarcastic.
Nope. I meant just what I said. An Italian man married to a Dominican woman is not so rare, nor are beautiful kids as a result of the union. I have run into quite a few such families.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Keith R said:
Nope. I meant just what I said. An Italian man married to a Dominican woman is not so rare, nor are beautiful kids as a result of the union. I have run into quite a few such families.

I meant rellosk was being sarcastic.

Nov 5, 2004
Lovelylocs said:
LOL... why? b/c they are so light?

Nope not at all...I have seen lots of Dominicanas lighter then them..and when I first look at them I could guess that they are from the DR...but just from the pictures when I first looked, I didn't get that impression at all of thoes 2 girls. I realize there are a wide varity of looks in the DR...but neither of looked that Dominican to me.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
MR DR's top 5

China
Israel
Aruba
PR
USA

That contestant from china is making my computer overheat.
She looks like a chic from Taiwan I used to date.

Teddy_Ruxpin

May 27, 2005
PeachezNcream84 said:

Weird, LOL, please, tell me how you know what a Dominican looks like? Because I sure as he11 can't tell you what an American looks like. I've seen some Dominicanas like Amelia Vega, very beautiful, and some are black like Gabrielle Union, also very beautiful. Amelia Vega was one of the best looking Miss Universes, or atleast that's my opinion. I've never seen any Afro-Dominican models though, are there any?

Nov 5, 2004
Mr_DR said:
China
Israel
Aruba
PR
USA

That contestant from china is making my computer overheat.
She looks like a chic from Taiwan I used to date.

Wow! We finally know who you don't consider "ugly as sin" (like most ppl)..Miss China....wow..You must have different taste then most ppl I know!!! That's good..cuz if everyone liked the same things, persona nd looks, the world would be a boring place!

Teddy_Ruxpin said:
Weird, LOL, please, tell me how you know what a Dominican looks like? Because I sure as he11 can't tell you what an American looks like. I've seen some Dominicanas like Amelia Vega, very beautiful, and some are black like Gabrielle Union, also very beautiful. Amelia Vega was one of the best looking Miss Universes, or atleast that's my opinion. I've never seen any Afro-Dominican models though, are there any?

How do I know what a Dominican looks like? Now that's a tough question! Really..I'm not being scarstic.

However...having lived this past year and a bit, half my time in the DR, and half my time in Canada (Toronto area) I have gotten a better idea of what women from the differnt islands look like. And although Dominicanas have an extremely wide varity of looks...my comments..as I had previously mentioned were NOT based on an "extensive study" :p just my first opionin, when I saw the conestents.

There are some girls I will meet here in Canada, and believe they are Dominicanas for a first glance, and find out they are not...So I am by no means calling myself an expert. Just expressing my opinion..for what is worth! ;)