A first timer needs good company..

rohan1103

May 23, 2005
...Hi there,
i'm planning my first trip ever to DR...looks like i'll be flying in to Santiago for a total of 5 days ( i know it's not enough) ..am 27 yr old NewYorker who has travelled quite a bit to europe but never to this part of the world..

Would like to meet some locals and do some some non touristic travel...anyone care to show me around..Holla

Badussy

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 18, 2005
Trust that you are making a very good decision. My other previous favorites, Brazil and Jamaica can't even come close to DR. Spend a few days in Santiago, but try to make it up to Sosua if u can.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
rohan,

Just a suggestion. At least spend a little time here, ask a few questions and give the board some idea of who you are before asking someone to take the time to show you around. The people who could do this are either working, enjoying their retirement, or spending precious vacation time in the DR. They aren't sitting around waiting to act as free guides for total strangers. There are some incredibly hospitable people here, but asking for that kind of favor on your first post is IMHO a bit much.

On a more positive note, I'll second what badussy said and wish you a great time on your first trip. It's a fascinating place.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Buen dia Rohan,

Santiago is one of the must beutiful cities here and people are nice, I sugest you if you have a chance to come to visit Santo Domingo too and visit the colonial zone.

Hope you have a great time here in DR and continue visiting us.