Update on 'el ilegal'

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Chirimoyito's days as an outlaw are numbered...

The hiking of the penalty fee for overstaying the tourist card has finally propelled us into action. I know there was a thread recently with a list of documents needed - but I can't find it.

This is for registering our British-born son as a Dominican national (his father is Dominican).

I am guessing that we need:

- child's birth certificate (legal translation)
- father's birth certificate
- parents' marriage certificate

anything else?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Chirimoya said:
Chirimoyito's days as an outlaw are numbered...

The hiking of the penalty fee for overstaying the tourist card has finally propelled us into action. I know there was a thread recently with a list of documents needed - but I can't find it.

This is for registering our British-born son as a Dominican national (his father is Dominican).

I am guessing that we need:

- child's birth certificate (legal translation)
- father's birth certificate
- parents' marriage certificate

anything else?

This might be the thread you?ve seen before:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40571

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Great, that seems to be the one!

Based on Gimabella's post, I need to get a legal translation of child's birth certificate, take it to JCE together with his father's cedula (and my residencia I suppose), and his father's birth certificate.

We'll take the marriage certificate along for good measure, seeing as our case is different from Gimabella, whose both parents are Dominican.

Then they can issue a DR birth certificate with which we can apply for a DR passport (he's too young for a cedula) which he can then use to enter and leave the country.

I suspect we might not have enough time to get this done before our travel date of July 1st, though.

Thanks!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I say let's start deporting all of these illegals out The DR. People like Chirimoyito are ruining our beautiful country and only come here to take our well paying jobs and take our women...

Just kidding!!!

Hey you never did post the pics you promised from The Cotui carnival...or did I miss it?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
suarezn said:
I say let's start deporting all of these illegals out The DR. People like Chirimoyito are ruining our beautiful country and only come here to take our well paying jobs and take our women...

Just kidding!!!

Hey you never did post the pics you promised from The Cotui carnival...or did I miss it?

Good point that hasn't been lost on me. :)

I never posted them because there weren't that many good ones in the end - here is a selection.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Thx for the pics. That's Cotui all right...I think I know the dude with the arch. LOL.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I did wonder whether you might know my friends.

- off topic, I know. Pm me if you do.