looking for a church

jnirenberg

Sep 3, 2004
Does anyone know an English-speaking Protestant minister? I'm considering a wedding in the DR and I'm wondering how to find someone who could officiate a ceremony. Anything other than Catholic?

Thanks for any names, contacts....

jnirenberg@hotmail.com

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
jnirenberg said:
Does anyone know an English-speaking Protestant minister? I'm considering a wedding in the DR and I'm wondering how to find someone who could officiate a ceremony. Anything other than Catholic?

jnirenberg@hotmail.com

Why don?t you contact La Profe_1 on this messageboard.
She works for the Catholic administration here in Puerto Plata, and I am sure she has some names/contact for you even in the Protestant church.
If anyone has, it should be here.
Send her a pm!

M

Mr.Mark

jnirenberg said:

jnirenberg@hotmail.com

Hey Man: That's easy!

You should try to contact Pastor Miguel N??ez from the International Baptist Church. He's very prepared and commited to his mission as Pastor and speaks English as if he were from the U.S.. I think their phone number is (809) 548-6293.
Their web page is www.ibi.org.do.
Other than him I don't know about any other English speaking pastor here in the DR. Maybe the Anglicas can officiate ceremonies in English too. But I don't know too much about them.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Be sure to have the Civil Ceremony, too

I am not sure if the law has been changed, but it seems that most Protestant marriages also need to see a JP in order to have a Civil Marriage Ceremony, too. It is registers in the books as a Civil Ceremony. Easy to do by the way..

HB

M

Mr.Mark

The law has been changed...

...and now Protestant marriages are validated by the State.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Kuel.......

So now, no additional civil ceremoney is needed.

Whatever, most Domincans d not use either or any of the options mentioned.
They go "in back of the Palma."

:p:p:p

HB :D:D:D

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
??????????Either you have not lved here very long

Or you are living in a strange place....

When I said that "most" do not use any of the options mentioned, I meant it. This was not a joke. Only a minority of people in this country bother to have any ceremony relating to marriage. Look it up, or live here for a while.

there are hundreds of thousands of people that do not even "exist" because they have never been registered, even...Oh man, yu have some learning to do...

HB

M

Mr.Mark

With all due respect

I'm Dominican. I know what I'm talking about. I'm telling you, that happens mostly amongst the lower SEL, but members of middle and high class almost always get married under the law (be it via Church or Civil Marriage).
What you're maybe trying to mean is that there are many illegal relationships, concubines, etc. But these are not the official ones, it happens in many other societies too.
What I mean is that you don't see here as it is in Europe that people get together without marrying under the law. It does happens, but mostly not in the cities.
I hope you understand my point.

john cast

Oct 3, 2004
new life

jnirenberg said:

jnirenberg@hotmail.com

try the new life church in sosua,english services nice people